SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Who would be high on the wish list for UND beyond Fabbro?  I would assume Brandon Biro, Eeli Tolvanen, and Shane Bowers.  Any others that should be high on our wish list?

I would put Clayton Phillips from Edina right at the top of that list. A lot talented MN high school kids that are probably pretty high on the priority list another that comes to mind is Henry Enebak from Lakeville North,

Any word on Clayton Phillips think Edina kid? 

What shattuck kids are there to keep an eye on along with minny HS or North Dakota HS if any this year? Thanks in advance 

I think Phillips is another Minnesota/North Dakota battle that could go either way. Grant Silianoff is one Shattuck kid to watch on their bantam team.

I think Phillips is another Minnesota/North Dakota battle that could go either way. Grant Silianoff is one Shattuck kid to watch on their bantam team.

thanks, any info on this kid? Hes playing ushl  

@LetsPlay_Hockey: Mario Lemieux's son, Austin, will play for the USHL's Omaha Lancers this season.

Who has determined Fabbro is a frontrunner for DU.  His best friend is Jost committed to UND and they decided to stay at Penticton, and is playing with Bast, Bowen, and Poolman.  I thought I remembered hearing that Jost was going to DU as well.   I'm not saying he is a lock at UND, but it looks to me like he is having a little fun and playing the recruiting game.   Funny how players change their mind when the get inside the big-house on the prairie.   

With what has been said Fabbro appears to be leaning away from UND. There are plenty of good reasons to go to UND, and plenty of good reasons to go elsewhere. DU would certainly be appealing. Strong program, cool city, nice campus. If the kid feel comfortable there, then I get it. I wondered for a while how player continued to be interested in Wisconsin with how down there program has been recently. Then I went to Madison for a friend's wedding. What a cool place. Nice sized city, awesome campus. The lake area is awesome, and if you ever sit at a patio bar on state street, grab a beer, and look up the hill at the capitol; it is like something out of a movie. Really awesome place.

Bottom line, everyone had different factors that make a school/campus comfortable or home. I sure hope Fabbro decides to be a Fighting Sioux, but I can't blame the guy if he chooses elsewhere (unless its MN :) )

Big cities is the tie that binds his remaining schools, although BC is kinda in the suburbs.  I bet DU gets him.  When ASU gets good and more Pac 12 schools add hockey Denver will take the biggest recruiting hit.  It's the most appealing school to west coast kids who spurn the dub.

Edited by AlphaMikeFoxtrot
spelling

First hearing of this kid and doubt he's a potential but how many imports can a bchl team have? They have Bowen, poolman and a few more already I thought. 

@LetsPlay_Hockey: The BCHL's Penticton Vees have acquired G Zach Driscoll (Apple Valley, MN) from the USHL's @OmahaLancers

First hearing of this kid and doubt he's a potential but how many imports can a bchl team have? They have Bowen, poolman and a few more already I thought. 

@LetsPlay_Hockey: The BCHL's Penticton Vees have acquired G Zach Driscoll (Apple Valley, MN) from the USHL's @OmahaLancers

He's not a potential unless he decommits from St Cloud... 

To your other point, it does seem like they do have a lot of imports - another one they have is a Brodzinski. I'm not sure how many they can have, looks like this would be their 5th import. 

Edited by siouxforce19

I see Cakebread is now playing for the Arizona Bobcats AAA U18 Tier 1 team.

While I don't think he ever ends up suiting up for UND, you do have to remember he has 2 more years of Juniors after this season if he chooses. My guess is he will end up with Arizona State if he does get his focus back on hockey.

I see Cakebread is now playing for the Arizona Bobcats AAA U18 Tier 1 team.

While I don't think he ever ends up suiting up for UND, you do have to remember he has 2 more years of Juniors after this season if he chooses. My guess is he will end up with Arizona State if he does get his focus back on hockey.

Scoreboard summary:  Scored a goal in first game.  15 min in penalities in second game.  No longer on roster.