SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Owen Sillinger just committed to ASU. He plays at Penticton. According to over the boards he had a lot of NCHC interest. I would just with our love of Penticton players we might have had some interest. Maybe DU as well. 

@OTBPuckWatch: 97 F Owen Sillinger (@PentictonVees) commits to ASU. Son of NHLer Mike, skilled 5'9 C captained Regina AAA Pats, 75 pts in 48 GP last yr.

@OTBPuckWatch: Sillinger had a ton of serious NCHC interest, will play with Penticton of the BCHL until likely 2017 arrival.

Fabbro commits to BU

@JeffMcCarthyBC: Dante Fabbro commits to Boston University, huge pick up for the Terriers.

BU has 4 (A) rated D men committed, 1 (B) and 1 (C) Thanks crazy good wow jesus 

Edited by AZSIOUX

Darn, that would have been huge.
On the plus side for non-BU fans is that there is probably a 1-2 year window for those players to make an impact together at the college level.  Since all will be 1st/2nd round players, all will be gone after 1 or 2 years.

Would take every one of them and they won't have a problem reloading when need be as you know. There are a handful of programs right now that can do that. That core will be ridiculously talented even if they all don't make it to campus.

Anyone know the next big fish or two out there for UND to battle for? Can't wait to see mismash make it on campus along with Mitchell mattson

Not to go all gopher fan here, but as nice as it would have been to get a Dman of his caliber, missing on Fabbro doesn't seem that bad to me.   Although we are about to lose a lot on the blueline, we've got a lot of talent on campus and coming in, and what we need is goaltending to come through, the right kind of chemistry, and maybe a little bit of Lady Luck.   We have the talent. 

Over The Boards@OverTheBoards 2m2 minutes ago

98 D Dante Fabbro (@PentictonVees) commits to BU. Big time add for the Terriers, top draft prospect at 6'1, great skating + overall game.

Saw that yesterday, that coach for BU is one heck of a recruiter.  His pipeline is absolutely stacked; he's getting almost everyone it seems.  I don't see him at BU for the long haul.  He has NHL written all over him.

Edited by scpa0305

Not to go all gopher fan here, but as nice as it would have been to get a Dman of his caliber, missing on Fabbro doesn't seem that bad to me.   Although we are about to lose a lot on the blueline, we've got a lot of talent on campus and coming in, and what we need is goaltending to come through, the right kind of chemistry, and maybe a little bit of Lady Luck.   We have the talent. 

Hard to sound like Hammy without the sanctimonious undertone and insider humble-brags.  Not quite as annoying as the Duluth trolls but certainly up there.

Hard to sound like Hammy without the sanctimonious undertone and insider humble-brags.  Not quite as annoying as the Duluth trolls but certainly up there.

I don't know if any of you've noticed, but he Duluth Trolls and Hammy have a man crush on our college hockey beat writer.

Edited by Goon

Saw that yesterday, that coach for BU is one heck of a recruiter.  His pipeline is absolutely stacked; he's getting almost everyone it seems.  I don't see him at BU for the long haul.  He has NHL written all over him.

He's very good, not doubt. However, we can't discount what Brad Berry has done recruiting wise, since coming back to the team.

Hammy is a dousche...plain and simple.

He is regarded as a complete joke inside and outside of the gopher program.

• Upvote 1