SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Fabbro making visits to five schools.

Ryan Kennedy@THNRyanKennedy 13m13 minutes ago

In other Penticton Vees news, look for D-man Dante Fabbro (2016 draft) to visit BC, BU, Denver, NoDak and Minnesota soon.

So are these his new top 5 then? If so, it looks like Wisco dropped off and Minnesota was added.  I could be wrong but I seem to remember Wisco being on his list and not Minnesota before.

So are these his new top 5 then? If so, it looks like Wisco dropped off and Minnesota was added.  I could be wrong but I seem to remember Wisco being on his list and not Minnesota before.

Wisconsin was among his finalists. The complaint has been Wisconsin recruiting D3 caliber players recently. 

Shaw's connection to Waterloo looks to have us in the running to a new player there this year. Saw him walking around with a former college player who's looking for a new home next year. 

What is his connection to Waterloo?  Did he coach there before Dubuque, or is the connection just from when his son played there?

Edited by tnt
grammar

Shaw's connection to Waterloo looks to have us in the running to a new player there this year. Saw him walking around with a former college player who's looking for a new home next year. 

Sounds like that would be Shane Bowers.

If I remember right Bowers is a Toews fan.

Edited by cberkas

Sounds like that would be Shane Bowers.

If I remember right Bowers is a Toews fan.

wow would be a hell of a recruit to get if so. Toews may have opened the eyes for some top candian kids rather than just go straight MJ. Bowers was 4th pick in the Q when he was 15 I believe. Jost is commited and as he said, he and fabbro were only non MJ kids on team canada. Guess we will see.

Edited by AZSIOUX

Agreed, two completely different levels of talent.

Not saying he is on par with Nick, only saying he obviously has talent.  A lot of people were concerned about Yon's numbers on a horrible Fargo team.  Can't have it both ways.

• 3 weeks later...

Per Brad:

Everyone’s wondering whether UND will nab a fifth in defenseman Dante Fabbro who lives with Jost in Penticton. But the buzz out there is that Fabbro is highly unlikely to follow Jost to North Dakota.

The buzz is that Fabbro’s top four are, in no particular order, Boston University, Boston College, Minnesota and Denver. I believe he’s already made his visits out East.

Link: http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=100770

Sucks if true that UND is on the outside. I wonder if Fabbro has visited the campus yet? Maybe the visit might change his mind?

It'd be absolutely ridiculous if Boston University got him. They already have a sick D-Corp lined up with potential 1st rounders. Minnesota? BC? Denver? All terrible alternative options. :D

Sucks if true that UND is on the outside. I wonder if Fabbro has visited the campus yet? Maybe the visit might change his mind?

It'd be absolutely ridiculous if Boston University got him. They already have a sick D-Corp lined up with potential 1st rounders.

Yeah that would suck.  Sounds like we're a long shot now.  

Who has determined Fabbro is a frontrunner for DU.  His best friend is Jost committed to UND and they decided to stay at Penticton, and is playing with Bast, Bowen, and Poolman.  I thought I remembered hearing that Jost was going to DU as well.   I'm not saying he is a lock at UND, but it looks to me like he is having a little fun and playing the recruiting game.   Funny how players change their mind when the get inside the big-house on the prairie.