SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Saw a tweet today from Penticton that fabbro and Jost had 3 points combined for Canada. Anyone know what tourney?? Also brodeurs son is now at Penticton. Is he a option possibly? I don't know his age just curious as we seem to have a nice pipeline possibly for their elite guys right now along with Bowen and poolman heading there. 

Edited by AZSIOUX

Saw this in hf boards fabbro thread 

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1904255&page=3

but his best friend Barzal is still working on getting him in Seattle and GM of Seattle is working on it too. Fabbro wants Seattle but it's tough going against what his parents want....

GM Farwell quote...
"(Fabbro) is going to take a while. I think he's intrigued by playing, but I think the family has their hearts set on going the other way," admitted Farwell. "At the end of the day that's going to be hard for him to do. He has another year of high school to play and he's going to really be stalled if he stays at that level. We're just trying to work with that. No progress at this point and we have to operate, until we know, as though it's not going to happen. We're hopeful and working on it and would love to have him, but that's all we know at this point."

Saw a tweet today from Penticton that fabbro and Jost had 3 points combined for Canada. Anyone know what tourney?? Also brodeurs son is now at Penticton. Is he a option possibly? I don't know his age just curious as we seem to have a nice pipeline possibly for their elite guys right now along with Bowen and poolman heading there. 

Anthony Brodeur played in the QMJHL

Saw this in hf boards fabbro thread 

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1904255&page=3

but his best friend Barzal is still working on getting him in Seattle and GM of Seattle is working on it too. Fabbro wants Seattle but it's tough going against what his parents want....

GM Farwell quote...
"(Fabbro) is going to take a while. I think he's intrigued by playing, but I think the family has their hearts set on going the other way," admitted Farwell. "At the end of the day that's going to be hard for him to do. He has another year of high school to play and he's going to really be stalled if he stays at that level. We're just trying to work with that. No progress at this point and we have to operate, until we know, as though it's not going to happen. We're hopeful and working on it and would love to have him, but that's all we know at this point."

That sounds very familiar to the Ryan Gropp fiasco.

@JulieRobenhymer: Auston Matthews said he will announce his decision on where he is playing in the coming season soon after this #NJEC #2016Draft

I saw that, too. I can't see him going anywhere but the CHL route or the Swiss route that was discussed earlier.

Why does anyone care anymore? Wasnt he going to decide like 3 or 4 months ago.

I hear ya but he's going to be top pick in the draft next summer and could go a route nobody has really taken. Very interesting story as a whole. No hes not a potential recruit anymore so I get that point. The highest rated American prospect we've seen in a while who may spur both traditional routes in chl/ncaa. 

Edited by AZSIOUX

Under the assumption (big assumption) that my notes are correct: 

The pipeline has nine forwards in it (Yon, Bowen, Keane, Cakebread, Mattson, Senden, Gerlach, Adams, Mismash). That replaces the nine seniors, juniors, and sophomores listed on today's released roster (Caggiula, St. Clair, Sanderson, Chyzyk, Johnson, Simonson, Olson, Schmaltz, Poganski). 

The pipeliine has four defensemen in it (Bast, Peski, Evers, Kiersted). There are five seniors, juniors, and sophomores listed on today's released roster (Ladue, Thompson, Ausmus, Stecher, Poolman). 

Given that, I'll guess Brad Berry's first announced recruit will be a defenseman. 

The pipeline has nine forwards in it (Yon, Bowen, Keane, Cakebread, Mattson, Senden, Gerlach, Adams, Mismash). That replaces the nine seniors, juniors, and sophomores listed on today's released roster (Caggiula, St. Clair, Sanderson, Chyzyk, Johnson, Simonson, Olson, Schmaltz, Poganski). 

The pipeliine has four defensemen in it (Bast, Peski, Evers, Kiersted). There are five seniors, juniors, and sophomores listed on today's released roster (Ladue, Thompson, Ausmus, Stecher, Poolman). 

Given that, I'll guess Brad Berry's first announced recruit will be a defenseman. 

I believe Gerlach should be scratched from that list.

And there is also Colton Poolman as a defensive recruit.