SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

HAHA! Very familiar with that district...(and their b-ball team, unfortunately). They have a good school there though..

Moving on with talking about recruits though...any new recruits been on campus lately that we know about?

Yeah those were the days!

About recruits, I'd like to hear any news also. Things are getting a lttle slow!

Ray had an offer to play USHL in Omaha (I think it was Omaha) but chose to come back to win it all and get this....golf. The kid in an awesome golfer for Central and that could actually be his ticket to higher things. He'll be top 10 this year in state.

As of a couple years ago, Ray already had an offer from Bemidji State (more than like a partial at best), as well as a handful of D3's. That BSU offer looks quite a bit better after what happened last year with the conference switch taking place this upcoming fall.

Rau just got his hat trick. Fast and good with the puck and already has 30 goals this year. Wonder how many schools he is considering?

I was at his game last night (3rd time I've seen him this year). The kid is dynamic. I've been to many MN HS games over the years and Rau really stands out even against top competition. "tnt" stated that he is fast - that is an understatement. IMHO he's better as a junior than Danny Mattson was as a senior. Three words for Hak: please get him.

I've heard it's a negative on CC (this coming from CC people). But that could be internet talk so I could be wrong or things could always change.

SCSU offered Kyle and Curt a package deal, but that was apparently rejected as well. I'm not sure what the Rau's could be holding out for... maybe a package deal from the goofers or an Ivy?

SCSU offered Kyle and Curt a package deal, but that was apparently rejected as well. I'm not sure what the Rau's could be holding out for... maybe a package deal from the goofers or an Ivy?

On Beyond the Pond after the outdoor game they made it sound like the umtc really hadn't been recruiting him but North Dakota heavily was.

Does anyone have any info on them?

Are Kyle and Curt twins?

That would be crazy if the Gophers aren't going after them at all.

Go get 'em Coach Hakstol!! :glare:

Collegehockey247 is reporting Nick Ebert will visit UND March 5-6 and he admits that if he enjoys the visit he will committ shortly after. He stated that the Sioux are cleary his No. 1 choice right now and he says they have they have shown the most interest in him. If you search the internet you will realize how big time this kid is. The only problem is that the OHL will be all over him and I am surprised to hear he is even looking at colleges, let alone UND. Either way, the Sioux could have a very pleasant March from the recruiting front.

Here is one of the many stories on him: http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/960/886446.pdf

Collegehockey247 is reporting Nick Ebert will visit UND March 5-6 and he admits that if he enjoys the visit he will committ shortly after. He stated that the Sioux are cleary his No. 1 choice right now and he says they have they have shown the most interest in him. If you search the internet you will realize how big time this kid is. The only problem is that the OHL will be all over him and I am surprised to hear he is even looking at colleges, let alone UND. Either way, the Sioux could have a very pleasant March from the recruiting front.

Here is one of the many stories on him: http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/960/886446.pdf

You guys suck. Ebert could be a contender for #1 overall draft pick in 2012. If I didn't despise the OHL so much, I'd pray for him to defect. Why couldn't he stay out east like kids from Jersey should? :)

Yowzers, that could be huge.

Could he be using a commitment to an NCAA school as leverage to an OHL team?

I forget the name of the player last year that committed to UND and then bolted...

Yowzers, that could be huge.

Could he be using a commitment to an NCAA school as leverage to an OHL team?

I forget the name of the player last year that committed to UND and then bolted...

could be but the first step is getting a verbal then holding onto the verbal will be the fun part :)

ive been reading little blurbs on this player for a year now and everythin has pointed to hes the real deal

ebert article from dec 19, 2009

ebert part 1 - mckeens\

ebert part 2 - mckeens

McKeen's: That seems like the norm. There's talk that you'll go top five in the OHL Priority Selection next year. So, what is your projected career path? How long do you anticipate playing here? Are you leaning one direction? Still looking at college?

Ebert: I'm definitely still looking at college. I'm not really worried about the OHL Draft right now. I don't have to worry about it. I want to be here for at least a couple years, for sure. I'm really planning on going to college, talking to a couple colleges now. I'm not really worried about the OHL right now.

ebert part 3 - mckeens