SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I don't think that Fox Sports would ever use volunteer announcers. They have a professional image to uphold and they wouldn't want to hurt that image by putting a product on the air that wasn't at least professional.

My guess is that the expense of broadcasting and the cost of paying staff to run cameras, do the announcing, do the production work, etc. make up most of the expense. The travel costs of those staff members are probably the smaller portion of the cost. Regular high school hockey games just don't attract enough viewers to pay their expenses. They probably can't sell enough advertising. The tournaments are the only games that normally would draw enough viewers. I don't think Fox Sports has the rights to the high school tournament; the local Fox affiliate, Channel 9, has had the rights to most of the high school tournaments in Minnesota for many years.

Exactly, you are 100% correct!

INCH is also hinting that the sioux are in the Dillon Simpson sweepstakes: http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/2010/0...akers-for-2010/

He is a stud in the AJHL as a 16 year old: http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=471696

I guess the bad part is that his Dad went to Michigan State, but it still will be interesting to see where he ends up.

INCH is also hinting that the sioux are in the Dillon Simpson sweepstakes: http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/2010/0...akers-for-2010/

He is a stud in the AJHL as a 16 year old: http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=471696

I guess the bad part is that his Dad went to Michigan State, but it still will be interesting to see where he ends up.

wow they peg him as the best potential college player left. big praise. lets get him away from spartyville. 6'1 195 right now. great size and 27 points right now as a d man.

wow they peg him as the best potential college player left. big praise. lets get him away from spartyville. 6'1 195 right now. great size and 27 points right now as a d man.

If he's projected to be that good the coaches should have one of our premier pro's call him up and let them know how good the program is at developing talent. Is that even legal with the NCAA?:)

If he is only 16 this year, there is a good chance that he wouldn't come until 2011 or even 2012 depending on the situation. I know that INCH said 2010, but unless he has accelerated his studies, he should be a 2011, in which case there would be room for him here, as Lapoint and Marto would be gone and if Forbort produces he might be a one and down if he goes as high as they say, also if Blood continues to develop (and Mac) they could go early as well.

I know that INCH said 2010, but unless he has accelerated his studies, he should be a 2011.

Yeah, I was confused by INCH saying he was a 2010 as well.

Unless they meant that he was going to commit to a team in 2010...and that would make them happy.

An uncommitted 16-year-old, Simpson is heralded as the best player available for college recruiters

Yeah, I was confused by INCH saying he was a 2010 as well.

Unless they meant that he was going to commit to a team in 2010...and that would make them happy.

Would we assume that he has to acclerate his studies to graduate?

anyone know what game hak was at last night recruiting if he was? he mentioned he didnt see the wjt game and sweeney made a mention at maybe he was recruiting.

No asked him a follow up on who he was looking at at the presser.

just curious, i know brad berry is running that hockey academy at the ralph and i see hes running the midget turney this weekend. is he involved at all with the mens team coaching wise or is he just considered all academy? thanks

just curious, i know brad berry is running that hockey academy at the ralph and i see hes running the midget turney this weekend. is he involved at all with the mens team coaching wise or is he just considered all academy? thanks

I believe he is employed by the REA, as is Erik Fabian.

The NCAA doesn't allow an infinite # of volunteer coaches, and Koberinski is still one of those, so would guess that he is NOT involved in the Sioux program. There may be some players on the team that pay to take part in the Hockey Academy's programs, though.

I guess I don't have an answer to your question... :lol:

Just Academy. Fabian does allot as well...maybe as much as Brad as he's on the treadmill and shows the boys how to properly use the machine. I've heard that Brad has opportunites to coach elsewhere but is committed to this and his family here in town. Brad said he wants this to help ND kids be as recognized as MN kids when it comes to hockey and moving to a higher level.

I view Nolan Zajac's lack of a commitment to speak volumes. I suspect, but do not know that he's is waiting to see if a spot may be available as a 1/4 scholie or recruited walk on. The issue is that we continue to be loaded at D, most needs will continue to be F.

I view Nolan Zajac's lack of a commitment to speak volumes. I suspect, but do not know that he's is waiting to see if a spot may be available as a 1/4 scholie or recruited walk on. The issue is that we continue to be loaded at D, most needs will continue to be F.

do we know if the sioux are that interested in him? ill guess they are but maybe have others ranked higher for what they need. just wondering and also like you say the D is very full and then if you throw in the realistic possibility of chay returning for a 5th year. that will throw everything off if you really break it down. i know they will cross that path when they need to and lets hope its not even crossed and chay is back soon but thats a possibility.will be fun to see what forwards end up commiting in the next year

did anyone get to see jason clark from shattuck play this last weekend when that tourney was at the ralph?

do we know if the sioux are that interested in him? ill guess they are but maybe have others ranked higher for what they need. just wondering and also like you say the D is very full and then if you throw in the realistic possibility of chay returning for a 5th year. that will throw everything off if you really break it down. i know they will cross that path when they need to and lets hope its not even crossed and chay is back soon but thats a possibility.will be fun to see what forwards end up commiting in the next year

did anyone get to see jason clark from shattuck play this last weekend when that tourney was at the ralph?

Maybe I am off on this, but I think Chay has played too many games?

Maybe I am off on this, but I think Chay has played too many games?

As of right now you are off on this one. The threshold number of games is 30% of a season. Chay hasn't played in that many games. All games must be in the first half of the season. If a player is able to play in any game during the second half of the season they are not eligible to apply for the medical hardship.

No, he only played 9 games, so he would be eligible for a medical hardship waiver.

I believe the cutoff is no more than 30% of games played.

At some point wasn't the rule 4 games?

Also Jason Clark who visited UND seems to have taken quite a fall in the draft rankings. Still a great player though.

At some point wasn't the rule 4 games?

Also Jason Clark who visited UND seems to have taken quite a fall in the draft rankings. Still a great player though.

The rule has been 30% of games across all sports in the NCAA for a year or 2. It changed from 20% within the past few years. I don't remember when the 20% rule started. It might have been 4 games at some point in time, but not for the last 5 to 10 years at least.