SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Was that Garret Clarke?

yes it was. this kid is a much bigger prospect as hes talked about being a #1 overall potential pick with him having 2 more years to grow. i wonder if he would come in early in order for und to get a extra year from him if possible like toews did or actually that 1 early year could be the only season he plays before he goes to the NHL? just wishful future thinking :) put on a show march 5-6 sioux players/coaches and fans!!

Jefferson vs Eden Prairie last night: Eades/Jackson were in the house watching. Would guess they are looking at Rau who is lightning fast & a really good finisher around the net AND/OR Molenaar - jr defenseman who ended up scoring 3 goals. Remember him being incredible during the state tourney last year as a soph.

Jefferson vs Eden Prairie last night: Eades/Jackson were in the house watching. Would guess they are looking at Rau who is lightning fast & a really good finisher around the net AND/OR Molenaar - jr defenseman who ended up scoring 3 goals. Remember him being incredible during the state tourney last year as a soph.

Molenaar was at REA in Oct for the Fri UMinn game - he was behind the bench with other recruits, including Brock Nelson so it was probably an official visit.

I hope they are after the Rau's as well - we need more forwards that score.

Molenaar was at REA in Oct for the Fri UMinn game - he was behind the bench with other recruits, including Brock Nelson so it was probably an official visit.I hope they are after the Rau's as well - we need more forwards that score.

I think "official" visits are done after a verbal committment is made, but I'm not for sure.

It's already been noted that we are after Rau pretty hard core. So hopefully... :)

I swear that Van Voorhis is a huge Sioux fan. Given that, I can't explain why he just committed to Denver.

I don't get this either. The Sioux are in the mix with a couple other NTDP players so it's almost a cetainty he was recruited especially being from MN. Maybe he got blown away after a visit out there, but who knows. Good get by Gwoz once again.

I swear that Van Voorhis is a huge Sioux fan. Given that, I can't explain why he just committed to Denver.

There was just no room for him. If Genoway redshirts there will be a log jam at Defense for next year and possible the year after with 3 studs the Sioux have committed.

It looks like the Gophers have their eye on a Canadian goaltender.

From the UMass site: http://fearthetriangle.com/2010/01/20/recr...e-the-triangle/

"UMass has been recruiting Canadian goaltender Joel Vienneau from Kingston of the OJHL. Though he has already visited campus the odds of landing him are not good as he has also received an offer from Minnesota and his father says he

It looks like the Gophers have their eye on a Canadian goaltender.

From the UMass site: http://fearthetriangle.com/2010/01/20/recr...e-the-triangle/

"UMass has been recruiting Canadian goaltender Joel Vienneau from Kingston of the OJHL. Though he has already visited campus the odds of landing him are not good as he has also received an offer from Minnesota and his father says he

He'll ride the pine a lot more in Minny than the other choices.

This goalie recruit was talked about a bit on USCHO earlier this year with the UMN fans.

The thinking on their end was that Patterson was upset about the promises for playing time this year (that have not happened) and may be bolting, leaving room for this goalie recruit.

Collegehockey247 is reporting Nick Ebert will visit UND March 5-6 and he admits that if he enjoys the visit he will committ shortly after. He stated that the Sioux are cleary his No. 1 choice right now and he says they have they have shown the most interest in him. If you search the internet you will realize how big time this kid is. The only problem is that the OHL will be all over him and I am surprised to hear he is even looking at colleges, let alone UND. Either way, the Sioux could have a very pleasant March from the recruiting front.

Here is one of the many stories on him: http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/960/886446.pdf

Sounds like a stud for UND, but wheres your link for that? I tried to look and I couldnt find anything about Ebert and a North Dakota connection.

There was just no room for him. If Genoway redshirts there will be a log jam at Defense for next year and possible the year after with 3 studs the Sioux have committed.

Matty is a huge Sioux fan but he is still quite small and not likely to get much bigger. His size, both short and very slight, is not in the mold of a Sioux defencemen although he was always a pretty smart kid. Very respectful young man as well. If the Sioux can find room for him, I'm sure they wouldn't be disappointed. Definitely a project, with most of the work being him getting bigger and stronger.

Matty is a huge Sioux fan but he is still quite small and not likely to get much bigger. His size, both short and very slight, is not in the mold of a Sioux defencemen although he was always a pretty smart kid. Very respectful young man as well. If the Sioux can find room for him, I'm sure they wouldn't be disappointed. Definitely a project, with most of the work being him getting bigger and stronger.

Well, then he's a project for DU since that's where he's going.

Well that is where Gregoire was going as well until someone convinced him otherwise.

Those things don't happen very often... so I don't think we should bank on that happening. He would have to probably play about 3 years of juniors before we could fit him on our roster, so DU is probably a better fit for him.