SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

He's definitely a short, shifty player:

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/player...p;seasonid=4429

Pointstreak has him listed at 5-6.

He's been considered one of the top '93's in the country for a while now. He's a crackerjack and if the Sioux are indeed recruiting him it would be a homerun out of the park if they got him. He's also a very smart and religious kid as listed in his bio from last year: http://mwehl.stats.pointstreak.com/playerp...p;seasonid=2992

He's major OHL bait and I have a hard time believing that if he does play college hockey it will be outside of the state of michigan, but I always hope for a miracle too.

He's been considered one of the top '93's in the country for a while now. He's a crackerjack and if the Sioux are indeed recruiting him it would be a homerun out of the park if they got him. He's also a very smart and religious kid as listed in his bio from last year: http://mwehl.stats.pointstreak.com/playerp...p;seasonid=2992

He's major OHL bait and I have a hard time believing that if he does play college hockey it will be outside of the state of michigan, but I always hope for a miracle too.

I have a hard time believing he'll play college hockey.

I have him going OHL on my "board" :(

This is probably the kid that was over 6', judging by this article: http://collegehockey247.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1039741

If you join this website you will see that indeed Grimaldi mentions he is visiting North Dakota and has been in contact with the coaching staff. He mentions his final three as notre dame, denver, and north dakota. Seems he really liked notre dame's campus and obvious eduaction opportunities. Says he wants to see a game at the Ralph because his dad saw a game there and was blown away. He also mentions how he is gonna take a lot of time in deciding because he wants to be 100% sure when he decides.

If you join this website you will see that indeed Grimaldi mentions he is visiting North Dakota and has been in contact with the coaching staff. He mentions his final three as notre dame, denver, and north dakota. Seems he really liked notre dame's campus and obvious eduaction opportunities. Says he wants to see a game at the Ralph because his dad saw a game there and was blown away. He also mentions how he is gonna take a lot of time in deciding because he wants to be 100% sure when he decides.

Actually, the article said "Notre Dakota"

Since Notre Dame is in South Bend, IN, I'm supposing Notre Dakota is in North Bend, ND? :(

"I like the big city" and "North Dakota" don't mix.

I'm a pessimist I guess, but I don't see this guy coming to UND either.

Actually, the article said "Notre Dakota"

Since Notre Dame is in South Bend, IN, I'm supposing Notre Dakota is in North Bend, ND? :(

"I like the big city" and "North Dakota" don't mix.

I'm a pessimist I guess, but I don't see this guy coming to UND either.

From what I got out of the article, when he was referring to "big city" he was referring to what he liked about Boston, not big cities in general. But really... who doesn't like big cities at that age?

I supposed the guys are going to put on a good show for him. I would recommend he go to the DU and UND series.

From Brad's blog:

UND has landed possibly the most coveted player in the AJHL -- defenseman Dillon Simpson. The defenseman committed over the weekend.

Simpson is the third-leading defenseman scorer in the AJHL and he's only 16 years old. He chose UND over Denver, Wisconsin and Michigan State, where his NHL father Craig played.

"It was pretty great," Simpson said of his December visit. "I met most of the guys. They are great guys, great coaches. I had a lot of fun. It's a great campus and the fans and the facilities are just unbelivable."

Simpson has accelerated his education and could possibly come to UND next season, which would make for an interesting situation with all of the defensemen.

From Brad's blog:

I assume he would come in in two years.. If Chay leaves after this season my assumption would be that Forbort would come in. Either way we're set for the next couple years because Forbort, Mattson and Simpson will replace Genoway, Marto and LaPoint.

Awesome pick up though welcome aboard Dillon!

From Brad's blog:

Simpson has accelerated his education and could possibly come to UND next season, which would make for an interesting situation with all of the defensemen.

I can see it now. UND will go with 2 forwards and 3 defensemen on each line. That should really excite everyone that doesn't think they score enough goals the way it is.

Huge news and it is a little pick me up considering how the football game ended. It is a little confusing though that he may come in next year, but you have to trust the coaching staff I guess. They may convince him to spend another year in juniors or they know someone is leaving. If everyone does stay though you gotta think Fienhage will transfer. Not to pick on him, but you would have to think he would struggle to see ice time. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

If everyone does stay though you gotta think Fienhage will transfer. Not to pick on him, but you would have to think he would struggle to see ice time. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Number one, it seems absurd to think of a not-yet-17 year old coming in next year. Who was the last to do that? JToews was 17, wasn't he? I've never heard anything to indicate Simpson is in that class.

Number two, I don't think Fienhage is the weakest link in the d-corps as currently configured.

Number one, it seems absurd to think of a not-yet-17 year old coming in next year. Who was the last to do that? JToews was 17, wasn't he? I've never heard anything to indicate Simpson is in that class.

Number two, I don't think Fienhage is the weakest link in the d-corps as currently configured.

You don't think he's number 6 on the chart right now? Interesting. Who is?

You don't think he's number 6 on the chart right now? Interesting. Who is?

I don't know if he is number 6. To me he isn't but that is just me. He has really improved from last year. As far as I am concerned, you can never have too many good defensemen in case injuries happen such as this year.

Wow, huge pickup. Great get for the coaching staff! :angry:

I'm of the belief that he will come in two years as well.

Toews was a special case coming in at 17yo...plus the transition to the WCHA is much easier as a forward than a dman. Most frosh dmen struggle a bit...I can't imagine a 17yo dman coming in.

The pipeline show boys said the coaching staff will decide if he comes in, but he is indeed graduating this year:

http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/2010/0...ioux-bound.html

didnt know this on his dad. interesting

Simpson is the son of former NHLer and current Hockey Night in Canada broadcaster Craig Simpson and is following in his father's skate strides, albeit to a different school. Craig attended and played Michigan State. Like his father, Dillon will graduate high school a year early and could play at UND as a 17 year old next year (he turns 17 on February 10th) but I've been told that will be up to the Fighting Sioux.

Wow, who would have though that a blue chipper like Nick Mattson might end up as the 3rd best d-man in his class... I think we may see Marto at forward, perhaps even if Chay comes back this year.

Mr. Simpson, Mr. Mattson, Mr. Forbert....Meet Brian Lee and Joe Finley, they'll be showing you around. :angry:

(it's a joke)

I assume he would come in in two years.. If Chay leaves after this season my assumption would be that Forbort would come in. Either way we're set for the next couple years because Forbort, Mattson and Simpson will replace Genoway, Marto and LaPoint.

Awesome pick up though welcome aboard Dillon!

"We don't rebuild, we reload."