SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Here is a player to watch from a younger Shattuck team.

Taylor Cammarata F 9 5/13/1995 5'8" 150 Plymouth, MN 58 92 78 170 8

92 goals and 170 points in 58 games for the 9th grader. The next closest player on the team has about 100 points.

92 goals and 170 points in 58 games for the 9th grader. The next closest player on the team has about 100 points.

SOLD :)

I've heard that out Shattuck connection isn't what it once was. Not sure of the reasons but it's not as fluid as it was with Blais.

I've heard that out Shattuck connection isn't what it once was. Not sure of the reasons but it's not as fluid as it was with Blais.

the shattuck program isnt what it was when the likes of crosby-toews-parise-stafford-jack johnson-david backes-ryan duncan :) matt smaby-chris porter and a list of many many more came through there. that would be impossible to keep up but man they had it going there for a handful of years. thanks to zach parise the sioux and us fans have seen some big time talent come through the ralph. we have a good amount on this team still. blood, bruneteau, toews and genoway. we dont have any coming in but thats just fine as those never last forever

top d man ebert i believe and not sure who else. anyone know if rau is?

Highly doubt it. It's MN High school hockey playoffs right now, and Rau's team plays Minnetonka for the section championship this week. (Wednesday night, I believe). Not sure now would be the prime time for him to be going on any visits.

I swear that Van Voorhis is a huge Sioux fan. Given that, I can't explain why he just committed to Denver.

Collegehockey247.com has an article on Van Voorhis today saying he chose denver over boston college and that the sioux we never really in the running. Mentions how he lived in grand forks for 12 years and went to games but his fascination with the sioux faded a bit as he got older. He said something to the effect that sometimes the team you grow up with isn't necessarily the school meant for you.

Collegehockey247.com has an article on Van Voorhis today saying he chose denver over boston college and that the sioux we never really in the running. Mentions how he lived in grand forks for 12 years and went to games but his fascination with the sioux faded a bit as he got older. He said something to the effect that sometimes the team you grow up with isn't necessarily the school meant for you.

Probably just a jersey-popper anyway.

:sad:

Probably just a jersey-popper anyway.

:)

denvers a hell of a program as well. he had some great schools to choose from! what ive read hes very good but small. ill take mr forbort, mr simpson and hopefully mr. ebert anyhow :sad:

Some kids just prefer a change of scenery. Best of luck to him!

Our defense could just be sick. If he comes we could realistically have the most talented defense in the history of the NCAAs... :)

That's impossible...that label is already applied to this year's UW d-corps.

As UW fans like to call it DOTA (Defense Of The Ages)!!

;)

I shouldn't still need to be cured of it, but having 7th rounder MacWilliam playing first-pair defense for UND while 1st rounder Olsen sat in the stands a couple weeks ago was another reminder of the danger of prospect hype. I won't be counting on Forbort, Simpson or Ebert to be studs until they get here and actually play like them.

p.s. AZ, that Greene pic is one heck of a sports photo. The angle of his right arm makes me think of Bednarik, although his was after the hit while this is in it.

I shouldn't still need to be cured of it, but having 7th rounder MacWilliam playing first-pair defense for UND while 1st rounder Olsen sat in the stands a couple weeks ago was another reminder of the danger of prospect hype. I won't be counting on Forbort, Simpson or Ebert to be studs until they get here and actually play like them.

p.s. AZ, that Greene pic is one heck of a sports photo. The angle of his right arm makes me think of Bednarik, although his was after the hit while this is in it.

well all sioux fans knew that mac would be a 2nd round talent anyhow ;) seriously he is going to have a hell of a career at und for a few years. very solid d man who is now seasoned and initiated by the mean matt greene :)

well all sioux fans knew that mac would be a 2nd round talent anyhow ;) seriously he is going to have a hell of a career at und for a few years. very solid d man who is now seasoned and initiated by the mean matt greene :)

Who is Mac? The only defenseman known to be initiated by the Greene Giant himself only goes by his new God-errr-Greene given name....and that is Animal.

I'm not sure how long "Animal" will be at UND. To me it seems he's figured out the college game already.

3 years as do most solid d men at UND with a realistic pro/nhl future. hes ahead of some very dood d men we have seen come through in grand forks and the upside to this guy is awesome! he and blood are a great duo when paired.

Ok. Stop while your ahead. MacWilliam is a full year older than Olsen and there is a lot of development that can happen or will happen in the next 12 months. MacWilliam is actually more effective than I thought he would be, but please don't make him out to be the next coming. It also sounds like Olsen still needs to grow up a bit. Considering that he is a 91, I would expect that.

MacWilliam on the other hand is still very one dimensional and will never play in the NHL unless he improves his offensive skills. Coaches in the NHL want to see intelligent offensive plays from their D once in a while, even from their more defensively oriented ones. Just getting MacWilliam to release behind his own net for a D to D seems to be enough of a hurdle for him, never mind actually getting a shot off once in while in the O-zone. If this coaching staff is able to get MacWilliam to become part of the attack when it is appropriate then I will shut my mouth. Until then, I will just wait.