SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Purple Cows

stoneySIOUX

Very interested in this series. I know MSU is down from what they were before Hastings left, but they are still a group with talent. Two big non-conference road games against a quality opponent. Play like they did for the overwhelming majority of the game against Providence, we'll be just fine.

Anyone know viewing options?

• Upvote 1

I was on the UND website yesterday looking at the hockey schedule and streaming options listed are CCHA TV and Midco Sports Plus. I subscribed to Midco Sports plus a few weeks ago just to not have to listen to Izzo call the UND vs NDSU game lol.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I was on the UND website yesterday looking at the hockey schedule and streaming options listed are CCHA TV and Midco Sports Plus. I subscribed to Midco Sports plus a few weeks ago just to not have to listen to Izzo call the UND vs NDSU game lol.

Good to know. Hopefully it's a watchable stream lol. We're spoiled :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

https://www.midcosports.com/streaming/

Do you know which one we would need to watch the game?  The cheap package has "Midco Sports", which should cover the game, but the middle package is what has CCHA TV.  I'm assuming I'd only want the middle package if I want all the CCHA games, right?

I'm hoping I can just sign up for a month of the cheap package to get both games.

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Listening to Izzo is really hard to listen to, he's very biased and should be wearing pompoms in the announcer's booth. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

Listening to Izzo is really hard to listen to, he's very biased and should be wearing pompoms in the announcer's booth. 

Dum Azzo is such a biased tool. Azzo, mini-Bohl (aka Kolpack) and McFooly are really hard to take, especially for us who live in Fargo. 

1 hour ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Do you know which one we would need to watch the game?  The cheap package has "Midco Sports", which should cover the game, but the middle package is what has CCHA TV.  I'm assuming I'd only want the middle package if I want all the CCHA games, right?

I'm hoping I can just sign up for a month of the cheap package to get both games.

+1, I will miss the Friday game to be at MLS, and can’t justify the $25 minimum buy-in for Sat game only on the CCHA tv package (likely for a bad stream/production besides), but would be fine paying the Tier1 Midco plan for $10. Guessing stuck paying for the $25 package though? 

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Because of the PWR implications........

"Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable."*

*Copyright @Goon 2024. ALL Rights Reserved. :wink:

I am seeing a split this weekend.  Another tough team to play against, especially on the road.  I think hard nosed teams are going to be the problem area for us.   Hopefully I'm wrong and we can get a sweep, as it doesn't get easier after this weekend. 

38 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

You think so? I was actually incredibly encouraged in this area after our last game. I think we are much less of a finesse team than we have been the past. Strinden, Croal, Jammer, Kunz, Schmaltz, James, Wilkie all bring a lot of size and energy and on the back end, guys like Z, MacDonald, Wiebe, all play that role, too. I think we are much deeper physically then we have been in a long while. 

Haven't seen enough of Wilkie, but the scoring end concerns me more than being able to mix it up.  None of those guys have been huge scorers for us in the past, and we will need to count on them to come through in games like this.  Of course on the other hand, since we have those guys you mentioned, we shouldn't need to score a bunch either.   If we can get to 3 goals against them I like our chances.  

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

Haven't seen enough of Wilkie, but the scoring end concerns me more than being able to mix it up.  None of those guys have been huge scorers for us in the past, and we will need to count on them to come through in games like this.  Of course on the other hand, since we have those guys you mentioned, we shouldn't need to score a bunch either.   If we can get to 3 goals against them I like our chances.  

I've seen a few games with Wilkie at RIT and the brand of hockey they play, I'm confident he'll play a physical role. Scoring the NCHC is obviously different, but we'll see. Johannes contributed well in this area and I think they have similar games.

I think our scoring will be from our depth. Our third and fourth liners will put up points this year against other team's third and fourth liners. So, we are much less likely to see our top line score lines score like the did the past two season with guys like Gaber and Blake, but we're more likely to see that scoring be balanced. With that said, we did return 83 goals this year which I think I saw is like 6th best in the nation, so that's pretty darn good.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

You are correct that you'll need the middle package for $25.99/month.  After some checking with their support, I would NOT recommend getting the annual package with the idea you would cancel right away and get a refund. Their support told me those kinds of cancellations are referred to their accounting department to approve refunds. So, $26 for two games it is, then cancel that month since they are auto renewed. 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Stack said:

You are correct that you'll need the middle package for $25.99/month.  After some checking with their support, I would NOT recommend getting the annual package with the idea you would cancel right away and get a refund. Their support told me those kinds of cancellations are referred to their accounting department to approve refunds. So, $26 for two games it is, then cancel that month since they are auto renewed. 

After digging around I agree. The games are not listed as upcoming in my $10 / month package so I think I will upgrade for a month. 

30 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

That's wild after losing Gaber, Blake, & Johannes

The question is how many of those goals by others were due to Blake's destabilizing effect and Gaber's sniping ability.   Those two drew crowds.