SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Iowa @ UND 10/19/24

SiouxFan100

Our D (was pessimistic early) looked more solid, first half we did look average at times, which is an improvement. 2nd half we played more like we did 2nd half against Montana, especially late 3rd and 4th quarter. 

As I mentioned earlier UNI has a 3 guys making the game plan and their offense looked disjointed. They have no identity on offense. 

Offensively I think we can run a series or two with Jerry, similar to what we did with Brock in the past. He can sling it with a lot of zip and what I see he can run fast. Jerry is another weapon in our arsenal, use him and it will give opponent's DC more to prepare for. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

Our D (was pessimistic early) looked more solid, first half we did look average at times, which is an improvement. 2nd half we played more like we did 2nd half against Montana, especially late 3rd and 4th quarter. 

As I mentioned earlier UNI has a 3 guys making the game plan and their offense looked disjointed. They have no identity on offense. 

Offensively I think we can run a series or two with Jerry, similar to what we did with Brock in the past. He can sling it with a lot of zip and what I see he can run fast. Jerry is another weapon in our arsenal, use him and it will give opponent's DC more to prepare for. 

exactly....if brockstar was used as a change of pace why not jerry?  better thrower and by the looks of it might have same ore better speed than brock...not sure about the wiggle/shiftyish but wth....remember what brock did against shsu (iirc) when we needed a big play?

1 minute ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Just got home.  Fantastic crowd.  Impressed by the numbers and the noise.  Great win. 

Was surprised with the amount of people there. Win the next two on the road and let’s get close to a sellout against SDSU.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Team needs to be prepared for next week. Not going to be an easy trip with travel and all. Not the easiest place to play. 

The next two games are against teams that we are 17+ points better than. Need to figure it out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

The next two games are against teams that we are 17+ points better than. Need to figure it out.

With UND's inability to play well on the road and not being able to move the ball through the air consistently wouldn't say either of the next 2 games are automatic wins.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND Football Fan said:

What helps next week YSU is playing us after games against SDSU and USD. One would think they would be banged up coming in. 

they have had a number of injuries in the game with the yotes.