SiouxSports.com Forum

Bengals vs Hawks Sept 14, 2024

Nodak78

9 hours ago, Bengal 6 said:

ISU was the number 1 passing team last year we are #5 this year and we have a run game.  For the first game ISU played 4 QBs now we have our starter. Our WRs are bigger and faster than anything you are going to see. In the OSU game ISU QBs were sacked 2 times and they were not true sacks as the backup fell over his own feet and the other back up froze. The starter was not touched and scored with three plays on OSU starting D. UND is no OSU, you might run it on us, but unlike Montana we can throw and score quick.  If we get in a shootout, it will be fun.

Just remember ISU is 2-0 at UND… GO Bengals!!!!

You are more optimistic and positive about your team than several on this fan board are about UND and UND has made the playoffs four out of the last five years.  I'll take MVFC smash mouth vs Big Sky any day.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

You are more optimistic and positive about your team than several on this fan board are about UND and UND has made the playoffs four out of the last five years.  I'll take MVFC smash mouth vs Big Sky any day.  

Yes I am. I know that you got to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years and lost both times in the first round to Big sky schools. If ISU can protect the QB it's going to be a high scoring fun game.

With as much as ISU returns, let's say they improve to a 5 / 6-win Big Sky team this year. Average. This is a game that a Top 25 FCS team wins at home. 

Where I'm nervous, is although I don't doubt Romfo will improve clearly as the year goes on, will it be this game? If he throws like he did against Iowa State, they'll be fine. If he plays like he did in the 1st half again against Montana, they could lose. 

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I just hope we can hold them under 50

Lol I get it's sarcasm,  but I've seen us get beat on long passes way too often in recent history to completely dismiss their big play capability. Hopefully we can keep their big plays in check. Need to get some pressure on the QB. If it takes us 12 plays to drive down and get a FG, it will be a buzz kill if the come back and get a TD in 3 plays. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Lol I get it's sarcasm,  but I've seen us get beat on long passes way too often in recent history to completely dismiss their big play capability. Hopefully we can keep their big plays in check. Need to get some pressure on the QB. If it takes us 12 plays to drive down and get a FG, it will be a buzz kill if the come back and get a TD in 3 plays. 

I’m making fun of their wrs being future nfl hall of famers but I am also absolutely terrified that we blow this opportunity yet again to the same team for the third time.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Best receivers we will see all year, maybe ever.  

Probably the hottest and most accurate take you will read today, but ISU's receivers are the equivalent of Joe Protheroe at FB; Best to ever suit up and play the game. We could be in trouble.

24 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Don't want to be pessimistic, but I think it'll be more like 60-65%.  I don't think that this game will be easy by any means, but I think that we maintain our momentum this time.

Just reported what Massie had.  I was surprised as well.