SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Iowa State 8/31/24

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

I expected a far worse loss.  Overall there were alot of positives.  I am excited to see us against Montana next week.  Go sioux.

True the team seemed like they wanted to win.  The big down fall……bubba!  He’s gold for not knowing football 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

I expected a far worse loss.  Overall there were alot of positives.  I am excited to see us against Montana next week.  Go sioux.

There are definitely things to take from this game that can be learned from.  I'm excited about the new OC, with time I think he can make some things happen.  I don't know how we struggle so much with kickers when we play indoors and should be able to recruit better there.  For years, that was a constant UND strength.  Defense has to make some plays, and can't expect we will have lopsided TOP every game.

• Upvote 3

Just now, GoodGood said:

Check Tommy's numbers in FBS games. It may have been worse 

It was already out of hand, but I think Tommy makes the throw the last time they got to the redzone. 

Although, Romfo made some plays with his legs that none of the other QB’s would have made

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

They had this game if QB play was Tommy equivalent. 

Tommy is not mobile like Simon.  Simon will do fine against FCS.  I think we will win four straight and be 4-1 heading to Fargo.

• Upvote 3

Better than what I expected

give up 21 points to big 12 team

people complain if we don’t win TOP and now they do when we win TOP

Romfo has some work to do but you go with the people on your team, I don’t know if Jerry would do better but he could have been in on the last drive 

covered the spread 

which team is better Colorado or Iowa state ?

Just now, Kab said:

Better than what I expected

give up 21 points to big 12 team

people complain if we don’t win TOP and now they do when we win TOP

Romfo has some work to do but you go with the people on your team, I don’t know if Jerry would do better but he could have been in on the last drive 

covered the spread 

which team is better Colorado or Iowa state ?

Iowa State. Colorado has a better offense but feel like Iowa State is better on defense and better coached. We don’t stop Colorado but think we run well on them.

At what point does bubbas never attempting to reach of his box or ultra conservative ways affect the team?   What kinda message is sent to his players when you punt on the 38 ? Not attempting  a Td but a fg inside your 5 ??  This against a top tier FBS team at home .  Over the years the list is so $@&%% long playing the ^%#£! day by day game that I have  given up ! How do the players react to this BS?  

I was a college player  back in the day and we had a DC that was absolutely crazy .  Great DC but as wild and as unpredictable as they com in play calling.  But he brought excitement and energy !!  We loved playing for him.  Didn’t always work but he/we kept trying.  Bubba !?!?   Bubbas way is that of a 98 grandma.  

• Upvote 1

You can’t watch the game today and believe romfo is a good fcs level QB.  I hope he had a bad game and will be much better the rest of the year… 

maybe he won’t lose games.. but didn’t seem like he would be winning them either.  His mobility and scrambling abilities were good but at some point you have to make some throws.  Watching miller on Thursday and comparing him to our guy they are different levels right now.. hopefully it was a bad game. 

3 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

You can’t watch the game today and believe romfo is a good fcs level QB.  I hope he had a bad game and will be much better the rest of the year… 

maybe he won’t lose games.. but didn’t seem like he would be winning them either.  His mobility and scrambling abilities were good but at some point you have to make some throws.  Watching miller on Thursday and comparing him to our guy they are different levels right now.. hopefully it was a bad game. 

Romfo is good at short running, no denying that, and that's what kept us reasonably close.   Makes me wonder how bad Jerry and Trey were if they were beat out?

40 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

21 points against an FBS squad is pretty damn good. 

Time of possession. Iowa State was scoring at will, UND just limited their possessions. It would have worked in terms of winning (which should be the only thing that matters) if UND would have converted in the red zone.

• Upvote 1