SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Iowa State 8/31/24

SiouxFan100

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Trey maybe isn't quite as good of a runner as Romfo,  but has to be a better passer? This was my fear,  decision to name Romfo starter may have been a huge mistake since Feeney left. Long ways to go in thr season, but Romfo doesn't look like he's gonna lead a team down the field on a drive with his arm if needed. 

Plus, isn’t there another young Feeney playing for Moorhead with an upside?

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I do trust the coaches who actually evaluate the quarterbacks in person. This idea that Feeney and Kaminiski were going to be really good was pure speculation and hope; no substance to any of it. 

You said in your previous post,  yes the QB can't throw.  If our starting QB can't throw.....God help us that he beat out the other guys. Yeah I realize the QB has to do other things, but throwing is pretty damn important.  

We'll see how he looks next week at home against an FCS team. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

You said in your previous post,  yes the QB can't throw.  If our starting QB can't throw.....God help us that he beat out the other guys. Yeah I realize the QB has to do other things, but throwing is pretty damn important.  

We'll see how he looks next week at home against an FCS team. 

Doesn’t look like any of the QBs have a great arm. It is what it is. Need to recruit better. Romfo still won’t be able to throw no matter who the opponent is; difference could be that UND’s running game could be more effective at home versus Montana and receivers could be running open versus lesser DBs. But Montana is no slouch… they got talent, just not Iowa State level talent.

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

When we finally all agree that Bubba is sh*t then there’s a chance UND football can move forward ….

I have for 10 years.   In Chaves mind ….he has him up there the Sabans of the world. 

Extension!   Extension!  Extension!  

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I do trust the coaches who actually evaluate the quarterbacks in person. This idea that Feeney and Kaminiski were going to be really good was pure speculation and hope; no substance to any of it. 

Conversely that doesn't say a lot about about the recruiting of those guys and developing them.  Maybe the HS QBs that are coaches kids are higher floor lower ceiling than  another kid with a similar talent level who is more raw but has a lot more room for growth.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Better than I expected.

Not a complete embarrassment.  3 points sucks on O but misleading because if the O didn't control time of possession ISU would have put up 40-50 on us.

• Upvote 1