SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

guess I didn't look closely at the date

No worries. I am sure he will sign. Just wondering what is taking so long. They said today but doesn’t seem like it. Probably could have announced it over the weekend too. Whatever works I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

Blake seemed like he was a one-man-band because oftentimes he had to be.

Yep.
Unfortunately puts a big dampener on our offensive chances for next season with Gaber and potentially Blake/Berg gone as well.  That's our top 3 goal scorers from this past season.  Highest returning goal scorer would be OMac then with 13 goals.

I know that some returning guys will step up with increased ice time and special teams play and that we have a very good recruiting class and portal pickups coming in...but that's a lot of talent and points to replace.  I feel less optimistic about next year's team since the Blake/Berg news has been floated around.  Of course, maybe they could put it together at the end...that's my hope.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Too early to give up on next year's team. Let's wait and see how the team looks when classes start in August.

I'm certainly not giving up on them, by any stretch.
Just lowering my expectations a little. 

With Blake & Berg and our current portal additions, I would peg this team as top 5 pre-season.
With both Blake & Berg gone, they won't be a top-5 team in my opinion.  Of course, that can change if they progress during the season.
Less talented teams than that have won the title in the last decade.  ;)

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

I'm certainly not giving up on them, by any stretch.
Just lowering my expectations a little. 

With Blake & Berg and our current portal additions, I would peg this team as top 5 pre-season.
With both Blake & Berg gone, they won't be a top-5 team in my opinion.  Of course, that can change if they progress during the season.
Less talented teams than that have won the title in the last decade.  ;)

There may be some big portal additions in the coming weeks and months. Even if there aren't, this team may be better if everyone chipped in on the offensive end and not just one or two guys.

3 hours ago, 1972 said:

it was like watching in slow motion..i could see he was thinking of sweeping it to the corner, and in my head im screaming COVER THE PUCK UP!....and then its in the back of the net...that was a killer..could just see the team was out of it after that

That would be a huge indictment on the mental toughness if that was the case.  Yes, it was a disappointing goal to give up, but I would argue the response to it was far more disappointing.  Good teams react positively to adversity, not fold under a small bit of adversity.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

Don't confuse Sioux> with the facts Stoney. He's our version of LakesBison and DrunkHockeyGuy. He has an opinion on everything, usually negative and always unsupported by a factual or evidentiary basis. 

Wow that’s kind of an honor to be held to such high accord as Lakes. I’ve finally made it to where people actually know who I am and actually read my posts! 

7 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I mean, everyone can have an opinion, but saying Blake didn't show up in the playoffs is pretty easily refuted with real stats lol.

Yeah I didn’t do any actual fact finding research to come to that misinformed opinion. I missed his assists in the frozen faceoff game. I didn’t even consider the Miami series as part of the playoffs. My feelings from the playoffs weren’t backed by facts. I just wished this team would have stepped up and tied it up to those Michigan goals. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Yeah I didn’t do any actual fact finding research to come to that misinformed opinion. I missed his assists in the frozen faceoff game. I didn’t even consider the Miami series as part of the playoffs. My feelings from the playoffs weren’t backed by facts. I just wished this team would have stepped up and tied it up to those Michigan goals. 

Ditto, brother. Ditto.

3 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

The longer it takes, maybe the more likely he comes back? I would assume he wants a game or 2 this year, and if he doesn't get it, why not return?

Schlossman is so dialed in. I genuinely have no idea why he hasn't signed or what the holdup could be, but that shipped unfortunately has all but sailed. 

Barring any unforeseen changes, that will happen by the end of the week.