SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

That Sandelin interview was something.  This is not portal related, but it's my understanding that the MI super teams of the last few years were largely advisor assembled, or at least got a boost from advisor relationships.  So when it seems like the high profile guys always end up in the same couple places, that may have a lot to do with it.  Sounds like the portal is more of the same.  And I say that understanding that UND has been more of a beneficiary there.

16 minutes ago, .357 said:

Like some have speculated, he may very well already know where he's going, the portal just being a necessary channel he has to go through.

I don't think it's is any secret that the hot commodities that are hitting the portal already have their "advisors" working the phones so they either know where they are going or at the least the schools they are choosing between. And now-a-days what they have to offer in NIL. 

If you don't realize these "family advisors" are testing the waters for potential new teams for their advisees you're flat hopelessly naive. 

Pohlkamp, Cook, any high-ender entering the portal knows the destination before the journey begins. 

8 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Chatter seems to indicate going to Denver rather than UND.

I text my guy within the program that I heard it's UND.

He replied that my source is wrong.

I text and asked if it was DU.

He replied with the zipper mouth emoji.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Chatter seems to indicate going to Denver rather than UND.

I have no inside knowledge.

However, I stayed at Holiday ....  No, in all honestly, I read a Pioneer Press article a few weeks ago where Pohlkamp said his two options were Bemidji or Bowling Green, where both his brothers played.  He said there was "no way" he was going to Bowling Green, and then the article when on to talk about how he wanted the opportunity to play in front of family.

Now maybe Pohlkamp is smarter than his age and deflected the real reason for avoiding the sh!tshow at Bowling Green right now.  But if he wants to play in front of his family, sounds like North Dakota is a better option than Denver.

But I fear its Denver, too.  When David Carle picked Pohlkamp over Livanavage for World Juniors, I wonder if it came with a side agreement ....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Benny Baker said:

I have no inside knowledge.

However, I stayed at Holiday ....  No, in all honestly, I read a Pioneer Press article a few weeks ago where Pohlkamp said his two options were Bemidji or Bowling Green, where both his brothers played.  He said there was "no way" he was going to Bowling Green, and then the article when on to talk about how he wanted the opportunity to play in front of family.

Now maybe Pohlkamp is smarter than his age and deflected the real reason for avoiding the sh!tshow at Bowling Green right now.  But if he wants to play in front of his family, sounds like North Dakota is a better option than Denver.

But I fear its Denver, too.  When David Carle picked Pohlkamp over Livanavage for World Juniors, I wonder if it came with a side agreement ....

It didn’t. Pohlkamp is probably better.

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

That’s what I’m seeing too. Jeezus 

Denver could potentially lose both Buium Bros. and Behrens to the pros when their season is done. I'd say they have more of a need but I was sort of hoping would go to UND none the less.

14 minutes ago, franchise said:

I text my guy within the program that I heard it's UND.

He replied that my source is wrong.

I text and asked if it was DU.

He replied with the zipper mouth emoji.

That's a damn shame.
Wood to UMN and Pohlkamp to DU would be great pickups for both.

33 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If you don't realize these "family advisors" are testing the waters for potential new teams for their advisees you're flat hopelessly naive. 

Pohlkamp, Cook, any high-ender entering the portal knows the destination before the journey begins. 

"family advisors" or agents being paid under the table with Apple Gift Cards:whistling:

3 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Wouldn't this be a fun wrinkle to the transfer portal?  NHL GMs directing their draft picks into the portal and onto a new team.

It'd surprise me none. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxweet said:

... agents being paid under the table with Apple Gift Cards:whistling:

1. Don't say the quiet part out loud.
2. Apple Gift Cards? You're a couple orders of magnitude low. 

12 minutes ago, RhettRingers said:

I get we want these big names in the portal but we also have to trust our guys that are already with the team and the guys in the pipeline. 

Yeah, if they can work on not coming out flat the biggest period of the year. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Yeah, if they can work on not coming out flat the biggest period of the year. 

My point is we can't keep telling these kids to go play juniors another year because we are loaning guys from the portal. Too many guys that have decommited in the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, RhettRingers said:

We really could use another right handed defenseman for next year though. Zmolek and Emery only ones.

I'm available but out of eligibility. ;) :D 

And I'd only come in if @Wilbur was in net. 

• Like 1