SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VS wmu (SATURDAY)

iluvdebbies

2 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Are they though?

Isnt UND (60) 2 comparisons back of BU (62)?  I fear the comparison loss to CC will prevent UND from reaching #2 in PWR.  The 0-4 record against them is a pairwise killer.

That's true, I didn't look at those. We may have another shot at them before everything shakes out.

24 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We seemed to flip a switch midway through the 3rd and put it away. Great to win the Penne Rosa at home on senior night.

Games in Omaha are meaningless for the NCHC, but still count towards the PWR. Games are on Midco btw.

I would like to see Omaha get bounced from playing in Regionals. It would be nice to see UND in Sioux Falls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Heck of a response by this team after getting swept by CC. North Dakota is your Penrose Cup winners!!

Turned to watch CC - UMD and the Tigers were flopping all over trying to get penalties called on UMD.  Sadly they flopped enough they got Bast twice in a few minutes.  Plus the captain of UMD.  Such a pathetic display by CC.  If you subscribe watch the games last ten minutes and review the calls.  Penalty or embellishment.

5 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

That's true, I didn't look at those. We may have another shot at them before everything shakes out.

There is a decent chance we can flip the RPI comparison with BU, depending on who we play the rest of the year. If we do that we would both have 61 comparisons won and we would beat them 2-1 in our comparison.

2 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

BU's RPI is .6050, UND is .6042.

Right, but pairwise is based on how many comparisons you win against every other team. Right now, UND wins 60 comparisons, BU wins 62. 

Hey, I’m hoping for #2 overall too, but those CC loses could really come back to bite. 

Just now, Benny Baker said:

Right, but pairwise is based on how many comparisons you win against every other team. Right now, UND wins 60 comparisons, BU wins 62. 

Hey, I’m hoping for #2 overall too, but those CC loses could really come back to bite. 

After last season's dumpster fire, these are good problems to have.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

A greater rpi over bu would put both bu and und at 61 comparisons won. Und would then get the rpi tiebreaker and get 2nd is my understanding??

• Upvote 2

Just now, nodakgirl93 said:

A greater rpi over bu would put both bu and und at 61 comparisons won. Und would then get the rpi tiebreaker and get 2nd is my understanding??

Hey, I’m game with that.

However, thought RPI was only part of the calculation for PWR comparison. In other words, you can have a higher RPI but still lose the comparison. (UND and CC, for example). 

3 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Hey, I’m game with that.

However, thought RPI was only part of the calculation for PWR comparison. In other words, you can have a higher RPI but still lose the comparison. (UND and CC, for example). 

There's multiple parts to a comparison. Cc has 4 wins on us. That comparison is lost. Bu is only winning the comparison with us with the higher rpi. Head to head is tied and no record for common opponents. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Turned to watch CC - UMD and the Tigers were flopping all over trying to get penalties called on UMD.  Sadly they flopped enough they got Bast twice in a few minutes.  Plus the captain of UMD.  Such a pathetic display by CC.  If you subscribe watch the games last ten minutes and review the calls.  Penalty or embellishment.

Turnabout is fair play I guess. UMD, sadly flops as much as any team in the country.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Isn't that what they said about macwilliams or McWilliams or whoever that was that year...

think it was also a cup celebration after a western win he was out there on crutches...

Berry said in the post-game that he expects him to play this weekend. He said that Zmolek wanted to play tonight but was held out. 

10 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

There's multiple parts to a comparison. Cc has 4 wins on us. That comparison is lost. Bu is only winning the comparison with us with the higher rpi. Head to head is tied and no record for common opponents. 

Just curious. How is head to head tied when they beat us in regulation and we beat them in OT?  Isn’t an OT win technically .55 is a win (or whatever) in college’s weird hockey rules?

5 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Just curious. How is head to head tied when they beat us in regulation and we beat them in OT?  Isn’t an OT win technically .55 is a win (or whatever) in college’s weird hockey rules?

for RPI, but not for H2H.  OT win is a win.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Despite this boards belief that Berry couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag, UND has now won the league title in the toughest conference in the country more times than they haven’t. Thank God he still has some of Hak’s recruits. 

Ok there we go again. Conference titles > nattys

im in disagreement. I’d rather have nattys

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1