SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

It will be interesting how he fits in. I feel like he’s not an automatic day 1 starter. Kind of depends on what Mara does this offseason and then also whether they keep King coming off the bench. 

44 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Wait a minute. I thought……

I’m skeptical but intrigued. I don’t remember where I stood on the Walters thing last year but probably in the same boat I am now. 

49 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yup NAIA route but I really like what I see from them. Will be interesting how it translates. 

scholarship or PWO?  

That shows Dave Richmond had serious problems going on with his team last year in the locker room. I think his basketball style has been winning formula in the past, but problem is finding players who are going to buy into this style. It has helped in past when they were winning but last couple of years that hasn't been the case. I also think with the portal he is going to have hard time finding players that want to go through his style of basketball for four years. I also think he has been losing his fan base too because his style is not very fun type of basketball with low scoring and real physical games of defense.  I wonder if he can adapt to the changes in college basketball with the portal and not having kids, he developed from high school leaving earlier for number of different reasons.

5 hours ago, ND-fan said:

That shows Dave Richmond had serious problems going on with his team last year in the locker room. I think his basketball style has been winning formula in the past, but problem is finding players who are going to buy into this style. It has helped in past when they were winning but last couple of years that hasn't been the case. I also think with the portal he is going to have hard time finding players that want to go through his style of basketball for four years. I also think he has been losing his fan base too because his style is not very fun type of basketball with low scoring and real physical games of defense.  I wonder if he can adapt to the changes in college basketball with the portal and not having kids, he developed from high school leaving earlier for number of different reasons.

I’d say from my sense, NDSU fans are getting tired of Richman. They’ve had a lot of success though under him and are almost always playing their best ball at the end of the year. This year seems like an outlier, for now. 

Anyone have any updates on Omot? I can't really find anything on him or what teams have even been in contact with him.

At one point I thought I read that Georgetown was at the top of possible schools? Minnesota as well?

41 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’d say from my sense, NDSU fans are getting tired of Richman. They’ve had a lot of success though under him and are almost always playing their best ball at the end of the year. This year seems like an outlier, for now. 

They call him the Bubba of Bison Basketball.