SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I'm guessing that 7 was a typo and was meant to be a 6 because there is absolutely no chance Morgan is getting even remotely close to that amount from Nebraska. 

Morgan got 200K from Nebraska, Minnesota offered 100 for him.

14 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Morgan got 200K from Nebraska, Minnesota offered 100 for him.

Minnesota's top NIL earner last year was Dawson Garcia at 65K... you're telling me that they offered Morgan 35K more than him? 

I just don't think Andrew Morgan is worth 200K... wow

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SD UND said:

Minnesota's top NIL earner last year was Dawson Garcia at 65K... you're telling me that they offered Morgan 35K more than him? 

Thats crazy, do you have a list of Minnesota’s NIL you could share? I agree though dont think he is worth 100k let alone double that

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

Thats crazy, do you have a list of Minnesota’s NIL you could share? I agree though dont think he is worth 100k let alone double that

I tried to find where I saw that before, I swear I saw it on Twitter from a reporter in the Twin Cities... couldn't find it so I definitely could be wrong.. however I'm pretty certain I saw that figure. There are other articles out now saying he's making more now in their new NIL collective.

Regardless.... If Andrew Morgan is making 200K and reportedly Skunberg is making 75K At Illinois St.... that is criminal... good for those guys but  that's insane

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SD UND said:

I tried to find where I saw that before, I swear I saw it on Twitter from a reporter in the Twin Cities... couldn't find it so I definitely could be wrong.. however I'm pretty certain I saw that figure. There are other articles out now saying he's making more now in their new NIL collective.

Regardless.... If Andrew Morgan is making 200K and reportedly Skunberg is making 75K At Illinois St.... that is criminal... good for those guys but  that's insane

If Illinois State can offer $75k to Skumberg, would think they’d offer a nice deal to Moni too. Can’t imagine we can compete with that. 

4 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

If Illinois State can offer $75k to Skumberg, would think they’d offer a nice deal to Moni too. Can’t imagine we can compete with that. 

There are other things in play with Moni that at least give UND a shot... but no, if it's a money battle... there isn't any school in the Summit that's going to be able to match $ for $

7 hours ago, SD UND said:

This past season? Dawson was at way more than 65K, he was at 300K. Despite never even entering the portal Garcia had a 700K offer from Gonzaga a couple weeks ago but opted to stay at Minnesota for a couple hundred thousand less.

5 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

This past season? Dawson was at way more than 65K, he was at 300K. Despite never even entering the portal Garcia had a 700K offer from Gonzaga a couple weeks ago but opted to stay at Minnesota for a couple hundred thousand less.

Then what I saw must've been wrong- my mistake

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Absolutely insane

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

How would this situation be the NCAA's fault?

They fought any payment to players and loaded on money.  Only the very big school maintain in this insane situation.  Follow the money.

11 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

They fought any payment to players and loaded on money.  Only the very big school maintain in this insane situation.  Follow the money.

Well yah they were based on an amateur model. At this point the NCAA has no power whatsoever.  They are just along for the ride when it comes to D1. The SEC and Big 10 are calling the shots behind the scenes. 

32 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Well yah they were based on an amateur model. At this point the NCAA has no power whatsoever.  They are just along for the ride when it comes to D1. The SEC and Big 10 are calling the shots behind the scenes. 

Ncaa are 10-15 years late to the party.  Now to fix is legislation and they are scared $hitle$$ to do anything.

37 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Ncaa are 10-15 years late to the party.  Now to fix is legislation and they are scared $hitle$$ to do anything.

The problem is the courts are blocking any chance they have of doing that. They have had ever major ruling go against them. Regardless of what they've done or not done in the past, it is basically our of their hands at this point. 

10 hours ago, jdub27 said:

The problem is the courts are blocking any chance they have of doing that. They have had ever major ruling go against them. Regardless of what they've done or not done in the past, it is basically our of their hands at this point. 

Yes, NCAA very late to the party to fix it.  That horse has left the barn.

15 hours ago, SD UND said:

Davidson

Damn. Well we gotta hope we can land Moni. Sounds like he was at Drake yesterday and Illinois State earlier in the week. Not sure where we shift our focus after those two. Haven’t heard anything on the Mier Panoam front either lately.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Damn. Well we gotta hope we can land Moni. Sounds like he was at Drake yesterday and Illinois State earlier in the week. Not sure where we shift our focus after those two. Haven’t heard anything on the Mier Panoam front either lately.  

Panoam was supposedly here least week too, but didn’t hear anything beyond that