SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

36 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Yup.

questionable fit- similar to king- but hopefully it works out 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Talented kid though. Just going to be interesting how they distribute the minutes. Who gets more of the backup PG role between King and Panoam or do they kind of split it? Not either of their strong suits. 

Might be wishful thinking on landing Moni but I’m thinking our lineup looks like this:

Thomas / Panoam / Kraft

Eaglestaff / King / Doppler

Woodson / Mara

Moni / Mayar / Bothun

Amar / Mathews / Erikson

On paper, I think this looks solid. How they gel, is another question but this seems like a Summit League contender. 

I am also still holding out hope we get my guy Patrick Rowe to walk-on. 

9 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Talented kid though. Just going to be interesting how they distribute the minutes. Who gets more of the backup PG role between King and Panoam or do they kind of split it? Not either of their strong suits. 

Might be wishful thinking on landing Moni but I’m thinking our lineup looks like this:

Thomas / Panoam / Kraft

Woodson / Mara

Moni / Mayar / Bothun

Amar / Mathews / Erikson

On paper, I think this looks solid. How they gel, is another question but this seems like a Summit League contender. 

From his clips on X I thought Woodson looked like a 4. I could be wrong though 

3 hours ago, GoodGood said:

From his clips on X I thought Woodson looked like a 4. I could be wrong though 

Could be. I think as thinking I read somewhere that he was thinking he’d replace Omot’s role. 

On 4/20/2024 at 11:28 PM, sioux24/7 said:

Thomas / Panoam / Kraft

Woodson / Mara

Moni / Mayar / Bothun

Amar / Mathews / Erikson

Well now unless we come out of nowhere with someone, which they very well could, thinking we could be looking at Woodson at the 4 like @GoodGoodmentioned and sliding Trey to the 3 and then either King or Panoam starting at the 2. I guess Mayar was starting at the 4 to start the year so maybe he has a good offseason and retakes that spot again. 

13 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Well now unless we come out of nowhere with someone, which they very well could, thinking we could be looking at Woodson at the 4 like @GoodGoodmentioned and sliding Trey to the 3 and then either King or Panoam starting at the 2. I guess Mayar was starting at the 4 to start the year so maybe he has a good offseason and retakes that spot again. 

I agree with sliding Trey to the 3 and starting a 3 guard lineup. I like Woodson and Mayar at the 4. Both provide something different. Amar at the 5 with Matthew’s and maybe Erickson providing some spot minutes? Will Mara be ready to play some real minutes off the bench? With 1 scholarship left I don’t think you want 4 scholarships tied up at the 5 spot but maybe you need another 6’6” -6’8” body on the wing? Not sure what would be best 

• Like 1

I believe they have one or two freshman kids coming in this week and being looked at as a PWO.  Other than that I think hey are unofficially done recruiting as the spring practices wrap up this week and the players are off until summer work out/practices start.   

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Moni to ndsu. I’m sick 

Really sucks. Not surprised at least going in you had to think of him going home. I just wonder if they were able to pay him even close to what Drake or Illinois State could offer. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Don't think $ was a factor for Moni- he needs to stay close to Fargo area because of personal life stuff

Their family is pretty tight, his brother will be playing a University of Jamestown next year as well.