SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

We need to figure out our graphic situation. Not a good look. 

Need to just have a graphic design student hop on as a student manager. Or there has to be some way to partner with a cooperative work experience class or something 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, McBuckets said:

Need to just have a graphic design student hop on as a student manager. Or there has to be some way to partner with a cooperative work experience class or something 

Sometimes guys make their own graphics... this could be one of those.

2 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Sometimes guys make their own graphics... this could be one of those.

Maybe, as much as you’ll hate to admit it, kids nowadays care about this kind of stuff, so could be something to offer/send to recruits regardless if we dont do it already 

• Like 1

Really like the signing of the Woodson kid... 6'7 lefty that has can shoot it... his stroke looks really pure from the little clips I saw. Has good size and his game should translate well to the Summit League..

So hypothetically we have 2 left to give out... with 3 potential targets from what it looks like from the outside:

Mier Panoam, Hurlburt, and Moni

No idea what Hurlburt's recruitment will look like, Moni will be a hard get, Panoam is talented (I think), but not sure how he fits in with current roster- He seems like he's comparable to Eli King.

Current Roster:

1's- Thomas

wings- Eaglestaff, King, Mara, Kraft, Doppler

4's- Mayar, Woodson, Bothun

5's Amar, Mathews, Erikson

I thought King would be able to provide some PG minutes, but I was wrong

8 minutes ago, SD UND said:

So hypothetically we have 2 left to give out... with 3 potential targets from what it looks like from the outside:

No idea what Hurlburt's recruitment will look like, Moni will be a hard get, Panoam is talented (I think), but not sure how he fits in with current roster- He seems like he's comparable to Eli King.

Current Roster:

1's- Thomas

Where is Zach Dosch...he seems to have good take on everything UND BB!  

36 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Current Roster:

1's- Thomas

Would think they’d be looking to only land one of Hurlburt and Moni, right? I guess if both come, great, but they seem a bit redundant in playing style. I could be wrong. Hurlburt having 3 years of eligibility is intriguing but also in todays world it’s all 1 year deals. 

20 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Would think they’d be looking to only land one of Hurlburt and Moni, right? I guess if both come, great, but they seem a bit redundant in playing style. I could be wrong. Hurlburt having 3 years of eligibility is intriguing but also in todays world it’s all 1 year deals. 

Yeah, I don't think they get both 

26 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Ideally another PG that can run the offense and shoot it from 3. Then Hurlburt. 

That would be the most ideal situation for the last 2 scholarships in my opinion. Unsure how likely that is to work out though. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Ideally another PG that can run the offense and shoot it from 3. Then Hurlburt. 

That would be the most ideal situation for the last 2 scholarships in my opinion. Unsure how likely that is to work out though. 

I would agree if we can get 1 of Moni and Hurlbert and then a shooter that would be a great transfer class. 

We can say what we want about Sather’s coaching but he can recruit.

• Like 3

He does seem to be a players coach.  With how this whole portal thing is going that is a plus to be able to recruit and be liked.  I look at NDSU and i think Richman is going to have a hard time adjusting to this new way.   Look for UND to surpass NDSU in the future.   I wouldn't mind if Sather ran a couple plays once in awhile,  but I guess if you recruit the right athletes who needs plays!  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

He does seem to be a players coach.  With how this whole portal thing is going that is a plus to be able to recruit and be liked.  I look at NDSU and i think Richman is going to have a hard time adjusting to this new way.   Look for UND to surpass NDSU in the future.   I wouldn't mind if Sather ran a couple plays once in awhile,  but I guess if you recruit the right athletes who needs plays!  

I will give Sather credit, I like what he’s done with the last couple of classes (still skeptical on the redshirt freshman class though). His first couple of classes had a TON of misses. Maybe he needed to adjust to what he thought would work at the d1 level, maybe it was the state of the program, maybe they were just misses. Whatever it was, he’s done a much better job imo. The in game stuff could still use some work! 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I will give Sather credit, I like what he’s done with the last couple of classes (still skeptical on the redshirt freshman class though). His first couple of classes had a TON of misses. Maybe he needed to adjust to what he thought would work at the d1 level, maybe it was the state of the program, maybe they were just misses. Whatever it was, he’s done a much better job imo. The in game stuff could still use some work! 

I feel like at Northern State he was used to having time to develop guys and not relying on players playing right away. At least that was part of the issue. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Is he the Coach Cal of the midwest?