SiouxSports.com Forum

OMAHA! @ UND - Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

8 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

"blogger" 

Never heard that word used to describe incoherent repetitive gibberish posted a week or two after said event in lame attempts to suck up to SIDs in hopes of continuing to be charitably gifted a pass to end of the press box. 

But I'm guessing we use different dictionaries.

You must be a lot of fun at parties with at stick in 4th point of contact. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Guys that play hard and produce need more minutes moving forward. Some guys need to be moved down and a couple just need a suit.

They took Perron off his line down the stretch for more defensive play, so why play Blake all the time in a lockdown situation?  If the same mistakes of not getting it low weren’t happening, I can see rolling the lines, but the same errors happen over and over, almost like he has no intention of learning puck management.  To that end, we should be finding a way to get Albrecht and Ness in more in those situations. Happy for the win, but with 3 minutes left or so we should have our responsible guys out there.  It doesn’t guarantee anything, but you shouldn’t have as many odd man rushes from turnovers just inside the blue lines.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, burd said:

Blake is a big part of any hope of winning a 9th, but maybe they can designate no-dangle, no blind pass zones for him.  

Yes, I can imagine our season ending on an ill-advised dangle where the situation requires getting the puck deep.  

40 minutes ago, MGsioux said:

GOON is a great guy a die hard sioux fan and very well liked by everyone , you on the other hand are acting like an asshat this evening , may i suggest you log off and call it a night. 

@Goon is a long-time, loyal, die-hard fan of this program. I don't always agree with him, but he's a great human being and knows this great game as well as anyone. Anyone who has a problem with him should maybe look in the mirror before making off-base comments about a great fan and person.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, brianvf said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/hobie-hedquist-gets-the-win-saturday-but-ludvig-persson-is-still-unds-no-1-goalie

Persson still #1 goalie according to Berry...they wanted to give him a rest after his lingering illness last weekend.
I'd expect we see Persson again on Friday night.

I think that’s good. Persson is a good goalie, but he looked like he was a step slow last night. Nice to have two good, serviceable goalies. 

Totally outworked and outskated in the first...Ness' hustle was just what we needed.  Our energy/grit lines seemed to have the better of the play tonight.  Defense was better than yesterday and HH made all the saves he needed to...I was hoping for a 4+ goal game tonight but a regulation win soothes a lot of the pain from recent OT losses.  Off to the Clown College trailing the Huskies by 2 points in the conference standings.

Edit:  Had Sioux won last night's game they would #3 instead of #7 in the Pairwise...every game counts!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I wish they kept that as a stat. My hunch is UND leads (in a bad way) the nation in that category. It’s ridiculous.

I know you're kind of kidding here, but there's a 0% chance this is true.

This area is, crazy enough, an improvement from last year, but yes, it happens way too much.

10 hours ago, brianvf said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/hobie-hedquist-gets-the-win-saturday-but-ludvig-persson-is-still-unds-no-1-goalie

Persson still #1 goalie according to Berry...they wanted to give him a rest after his lingering illness last weekend.
I'd expect we see Persson again on Friday night.

I know this will be unpopular, but again I’ll ask, does performance matter ultimately under Berry? How you handle goalies is no doubt delicate, but based on Hedquists performance the last two games, you would have thought he’d earn the net next Friday. 

48 minutes ago, AJS said:

I know this will be unpopular, but again I’ll ask, does performance matter ultimately under Berry? How you handle goalies is no doubt delicate, but based on Hedquists performance the last two games, you would have thought he’d earn the net next Friday. 

There's also something to be said about the level of play and experience. Hobie has three career starts against Alaska and Omaha. Persson has obviously seen more of NCHC play, against all teams in all situations. I'm not against a split and giving Hobie the shot, but I'm not close to saying Persson isn't our No. 1.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Too simplistic a question, IMO.   The decision who to start next Friday will be based on a host of factors, of which last night's performance will be one.   I have no problem with Hobie taking the net, but I'm sure the staff will see how the week's practice and Ludvig's recovery goes before making that decision.   Ludvig has proven himself with more performances (including 3+ months of practice) than Hobie has.

And just because I'm full of shyte doesn't mean I'm not right on this.   :D

18 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

There's also something to be said about the level of play and experience. Hobie has three career starts against Alaska and Omaha. Persson has obviously seen more of NCHC play, against all teams in all situations. I'm not against a split and giving Hobie the shot, but I'm not close to saying Persson isn't our No. 1.

I’m not either or that Persson ultimately isn’t the better goalie. I used the word earned very deliberately. Trying to get better about not getting too far into the weeds w/ situations like this. I think it’s worth noting though.

• Upvote 1