SiouxSports.com Forum

OMAHA! @ UND - Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Move on, get the win, and beat the Red Cows because frankly, UND is the better team. 

Persson, with the rust shaken off, gets back to his early-season form, the D settles down, and the forwards continue to rip as they have the past three games, and UND walks

6-1

Berg, Blake, Gaber, Jammer, Johannes x2

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Need a fire to be lit after last night.  No more slacking.  

That's what I was hoping for after the Friday night CC game.  Didn't really happen though.
They need to start getting some wins in NCHC play if they want a shot at the league title.

• Upvote 1

This team has some ice time under its belt, but it plays young.   Which is usually fun and exciting.   But they also need to learn to play a little older.   Earn the right to think the whole ice belongs to you and nobody else.  

And play a full 60.

And keep your feet moving. 

And play one shift at a time.

. . . .

On a side note...how can meteorologists with all the technology today not be able to forecast anything accurately within 24-48 hours. 

#bebetterJohnWheeler

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

On a side note...how can meteorologists with all the technology today not be able to forecast anything accurately within 24-48 hours. 

#bebetterJohnWheeler

Sometimes they nail it two weeks out, and sometimes it’s “Wait, what? There’s a blizzard outside? Like, right now? The computer disagrees.”

34 minutes ago, burd said:

This team has some ice time under its belt, but it plays young.   Which is usually fun and exciting.   But they also need to learn to play a little older.   Earn the right to think the whole ice belongs to you and nobody else.  

And play a full 60.

And keep your feet moving. 

And play one shift at a time.

. . . .

Get off to a fast start.

Manage the puck.

Crash the boards. 

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Move on, get the win, and beat the Red Cows because frankly, UND is the better team. 

Persson, with the rust shaken off, gets back to his early-season form, The D settles down, and the forwards continue to rip as they have the past three games, and UND walks

6-1

Berg, Blake, Gaber, Jammer, Johannes x2

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hobie gets another shot

20240113_160143.jpg

Fixed my post lol

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Get off to a fast start.

Manage the puck.

Crash the boards. 

And please, please, facetime your mom.    

If I could use overstrike, I'd have put "write" first.

42 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Fixed my post lol

This is a much better D pairing for our top 4 with Zmolek out sick. Would like to see Ness getting more ice than the usual extra skater because he brings more to the table than what his ice time shows. Plays 200 feet really well and knows when to push the offensive side. Sorry to say it but he’s a better all-around player than Albrecht, and I’m in no way trashing Albrecht. Ness just has a more rounded game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Schmaltz's year in review coaches talk isn't going to be pretty. Portal/Coast/overseas may be in the cards for next season. It's not like he's not trying, it's just not going his way. Get the monkey off the back tonight and go from there.

He's the 5th best centerman on the team....and Ness isn't far behind him.