SiouxSports.com Forum

U.S. Under 18 Team @ UND

fightingsioux4life

48 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Every goal the U-18's scored in regulation was off a d zone mishap.

Goal #3 and #4 can't happen if you're Hedquist.  He looks about half a foot off his angle on the OT game winner.  Maybe anticipating a pass across the zone, but Hutson had half the net to shoot at.

Lets hope we find a scoring touch against a team living in a hotel for an entire week.    

Wait I was told by the hockey experts that we are a top defensive team in the country and that their defensive play was nothing to be concerned about……

16 minutes ago, 108498 said:

This is the first I am seeing anything about the game. It was said in the blog that 4 top players were absent. Who was missing? 

Ludvig Persson, Jake Livanavage, Bennett Zmolek and Carson Albrecht.

10 hours ago, Irish said:

With the failure of Berry and Co. to right our obvious weaknesses going back as least as far as last year it makes you wonder.  How in the hell are Colorado College and the 18 and under team better than us 3 on 3?  

Not sure about CC, but I would expect the USA 18 team to be better than every college team in the country 3 on 3, at least after the first shift as they have more high end skilled players.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, petey23 said:

I wonder if the Boston U fans are freaking out since they were steamrolled by these same kids 8-2.

I'm sure they did.   Being able to only sit and watch when your personal sense of accomplishment is at stake makes ledgies of us.  

10 hours ago, Goon said:

I think Gage said it best.

I actually thought of that season last night after the game. Lost to a couple of nobodies in exhibition, Adam Tambellini left halfway through and then a 4-seed UND team beats Sconnie in Wisconsin and then Ferris double OT.  Outplayed the gophs who were more talented in the frozen 4 and still lost on the flukey 0.6 goal. Weird season but man it displayed how incredible of a coach Hakstol was.  This years team will be good if we can get offense at tough times in the 2nd half 

Everyone of the Under 18 team will be the best or second best at their position for their teams next year and some will be in the NHL sooner than many of the college teams players they’ve played against 

A loss is a loss, but I am happy that someone pointed out that BU lost 2-8 earlier this year to them. It presents a totally different picture saying UND lost to a high school team, vs. UND and other top ranked teams have lost to them. It tells me that it wasn't just UND struggling.  The U.S. under 18 team is good. 

• Upvote 2

Im not sure I understand the need to play the u18 team....we play them hard,  and Beat them, everyone gets mad we beat up on a bunch of kids, you loose to them, everyone is mad we lost to a bunch of kids.  There is no benefit to UND in these games(other than getting another game of revenue for the Ralph, and maybe that is the end goal...who knows)