SiouxSports.com Forum

U.S. Under 18 Team @ UND

fightingsioux4life

13 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Important to note. UND heavily out shot these kids. This game could have been 10 goals or more. Move on.

A LOT of fans start with the final score and work backwards in their assessment.  

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

The benefit is getting the boys' legs under them before they start playing games that count. The only negative is an overreactive fanbase ;)

Isn’t that part of our charm, though?

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Is Stoney donning his cape to save us from ourselves after 4 losses in a row part of the charm or part of the psychosis?

Hahaha you can do you, I'm just telling you I think it's crazy to go off the rails based off three OT losses and an exhibition loss (with four players out including our clear No. 1 goaltender). We had a tremendous first half. I think it's nuts to think it's all coming down.

Again, you do you. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hahaha you can do you, I'm just telling you I think it's crazy to go off the rails based off three OT losses and an exhibition loss (with four players out including our clear No. 1 goaltender). We had a tremendous first half. I think it's nuts to think it's all coming down.

Again, you do you. 

Off the rails? No, I don't think people are doing that. I think having only one NCAA tournament win since 2016 (over AIC in Fargo) has our fan base hungry for national level success again.

But you are right, the sky isn't really falling. Lots of hockey to be played by a lot of teams before anything is decided.

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Off the rails? No, I don't think people are doing that. I think having only one NCAA tournament win since 2016 (over AIC in Fargo) has our fan base hungry for national level success again.

But you are right, the sky isn't really falling. Lots of hockey to be played by a lot of teams before anything is decided.

There are absolutely people going off the rails about this three-game (four?) skid. Not only here, but other mediums.

Regardless, I'm very confident we'll be fine. But, we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2