SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. DU round two

14 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Feels like we played DU’s game last night, running and gunning.  Maybe we play our game tonight with better D and goaltending and squeak out a 2-1 or 3-2 win.

Dean Blais just blocked you on IG and X

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 108498 said:

Does yesterday's outcome make it a successful weekend regardless of tonight's outcome?

Do the goalies take control tonight?

How will players respond after yesterday's game?

No, yesterday’s game is finished.  Our players need to put yesterday behind them and build off of this effort and continue to get better.
One of the keys to a great season is building confidence and maintaining focus and momentum to maintain the level of play we saw in the last half of last night’s game week after week and game after game.  Hopefully our goalie has a great game. Our guys sniped some nasty shots at their dude. I hope he had nightmares. 

• Upvote 1

From last night, there are ingredients for tonight to get really fiery.  The "sticks up" aspect of yesterday, couple body checks and scrums late in the game, and the early, early bragging rights for NCHC #1.   

Would love tonight's penalty mix to favor us again. Giving DU only two PP is part of the recipe for winning.  

If it were me, I'd be tempted to do a "stick drop" (mic drop) after scoring a goal, but will happily see what our guys come up with tonight. 

51 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

From last night, there are ingredients for tonight to get really fiery.  The "sticks up" aspect of yesterday, couple body checks and scrums late in the game, and the early, early bragging rights for NCHC #1.   

Would love tonight's penalty mix to favor us again. Giving DU only two PP is part of the recipe for winning.  

If it were me, I'd be tempted to do a "stick drop" (mic drop) after scoring a goal, but will happily see what our guys come up with tonight. 

Just don't throw a stick into the stands. :wink:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Caponi is the player UND has to be aware of out there in terms of dirty hits and such. Can’t stand that guy. 

100% agree...have not cared for his style of play since he was a freshman...seems like he's in the middle of every scrum.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Give me the Barry Sanders approach on our goals tonight. We won't have to respond to any of their antics cause they ain't gonna score. I also expect some fisticuffs. 

6 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

100% agree...have not cared for his style of play since he was a freshman...seems like he's in the middle of every scrum.

In some respects he reminds me of Joey Abate from UNO…always up to no good and seems to be at the center of so many scrums.