SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

5 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Not sure who they’d want that isn’t a senior other than Payton 

Payton? Seriously? Many of us here can throw a better ball left handed.

......and we are all right handed.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Not sure who they’d want that isn’t a senior other than Payton 

Probably super seniors with COVID years that are considering returning or transferring , and potentially the all-MVFC 1st team LB who is a sophomore. 

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Payton? Seriously? Many of us here can throw a better ball left handed.

......and we are all right handed.

Going to disagree with you on this! Dude is a special athlete imo. Was very happy he only played 1 meaningful snap against us this year. The throw down the middle in garbage time was pretty good as well. Never saw Tommy make a throw like that in his 4 years here 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Going to disagree with you on this! Dude is a special athlete imo. Was very happy he only played 1 meaningful snap against us this year. The throw down the middle in garbage time was pretty good as well. Never saw Tommy make a throw like that in his 4 years here 

There isn't one of my Fargo/Bison season ticket holder buddies that are excited about him next fall. 

5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Isn't St Thomas non-scholly? Also not playoff eligible? I suppose if they have a grad program he wants then it might be a good fit, but if you can get some of that paid for, I'd be looking elsewhere.  Though maybe money isn't in the equation. Certainly a good program and good school.

Depends on if you care if the money for school is called an athletic scholarship or something else. Private schools have many ways of handling that.

My youngest brother went to Concordia and he ended up getting about 65-70% of his school paid for.

39 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Depends on if you care if the money for school is called an athletic scholarship or something else. Private schools have many ways of handling that.

My youngest brother went to Concordia and he ended up getting about 65-70% of his school paid for.

I was on the team at St John’s for 1 year.  The guys they wanted got most of their school paid for.  

needless to say I was footing the whole bill myself. :D

• Upvote 2

Well, it seems that the transfer portal is getting very crowded…all colleges, all conferences. WOW I do not like the change in college football.

I also read some college football player turned down the NFL because he could get $5M in NIL money.

Add in the coaching changes ALL over the country and things could be considered a mess. 

The 2024 season will be different, very different.

10 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

WOW I do not like the change in college football.

I also read some college football player turned down the NFL because he could get $5M in NIL money.

I would love to hear what you do not like about this. What I see:

Kid get paid his worth (Great for the kid!)

If he's worth 5 million and has NFL as an option, probably a talented and exciting player (Great that college football fans can watch him for another year!)

Kid gets to further his education (Great for everyone!)

4 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

If he's worth 5 million and has NFL as an option, probably a talented and exciting player (Great that college football fans can watch him for another year!)

Call me dubious that they further there education, but I get your point. Some may get more money in college than they get playing in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

paid what they are worth? That is my issue…college sports are not professional

So the NCAA can make billions off the kids, but then the kids can’t be paid because they aren’t “professionals”??? That makes literally 0 sense. 

5 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

So this is what you’re really upset about. Will never understand people getting upset over someone getting offered life changing money. Sigh. I’m out 

Her kid didn't get it so no one should would be my guess.

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

I think your point about education could be debated.  I would hope all athletes' are in college for the education.  But, we know that is not true.  We have seen this time and time again.  I would like to see an alternative to college like baseball and hockey.  It would allow the athlete to truly concentrate on the sport they are interested in and to maximize earnings power.  I think it is a matter of time before some type of developmental league forms for football and basketball - were high school kids are drafted and players have a choice.  NOTE:  I think there are many, many talented kids who never go the college route and just stop playing after high schools because they didn't want to go to college.