SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

43 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I started at UND fall 78 - no doubt I watched 61Hawk play. Was a magical time that we beat su at least three times in football. Had an insane long home basketball winning streak. I went to almost all home basketball, football and hockey games and still finished in four years. Won I think two national hockey tournaments. I digress - Ugh

Of all the sports highlights, watching the Hrkac Circus was at the top of my sporting experience at UND.  As above average as we were, it was an experience watching a team perform at perfection night after night.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, 61hawk said:

With the initials CS?

Nope

Had two other guesses but the media guide listed them both as 3 time letterwinners(PS and TR) but I know those might not be accurate because I was pretty sure one of them for sure would have been a 4 year player as well.

1 hour ago, Und246 said:

Bison fans and media care just as much or more than UND fans. They just won’t admit it. If we lose our fans will be disappointed but life will go on. If NDSU loses there will be mass suicides in Fargo. In a nutshell that tells you everything. 

I have a good friend who is an SU fan and he is scared to death this week.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Und246 said:

NDSU (the college) is going through some rough times. Both financial and enrollment  numbers. Lots of money at the university

In their defense, that is a pretty prevalent issue across the country.

3 hours ago, Und246 said:

Bison fans and media care just as much or more than UND fans. They just won’t admit it. If we lose our fans will be disappointed but life will go on. If NDSU loses there will be mass suicides in Fargo. In a nutshell that tells you everything. 

Entz will be fired in the parking lot.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, word said:

In their defense, that is a pretty prevalent issue across the country.

Not an issue for the ND flagship (UND)

.….own the farm 

congrats to Dale and the 2003 team being inducted to the Hall of Fame last night. I still wish Dale was on the sideline for us. He simply had the “it” factor for UND football that our current staff doesn’t have and needs. 

hopefully his presence along with Roger Thomas’ presence on Saturday gets us over the hump.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

.….own the farm 

congrats to Dale and the 2003 team being inducted to the Hall of Fame last night. I still wish Dale was on the sideline for us. He simply had the “it” factor for UND football that our current staff doesn’t have and needs. 

hopefully his presence along with Roger Thomas’ presence on Saturday gets us over the hump.

Dale has serious gravitas

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I’m still very concerned for serious heartbreak in this one.

Hype in the building for this game means UND will likely come out hot and ready to go (see 2021 NDSU and 2022 SDSU games) but I worry that this NDSU staff will outcoach Bubba in the 4th quarter (again) and let us all down … again.

Don’t forget, this NDSU staff has won a championship, they aren’t idiots…(at least all of them aren’t). 

This was the first UND vs. NDSU game I ever attended. From McFooley

The date was Oct. 30, 1993 — almost exactly 30 years ago — and prior to kickoff that day the then-Fighting Sioux hadn't defeated the mighty Bison in 12 years. Twelve long years. Twelve years that saw NDSU become the kings of NCAA Division II with five national championships in seven seasons and a collection of NFL players. UND was often a smudge on the bottom of the Bison's cleats during that stretch.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

.….own the farm 

I have an extra headset I'd be willing to borrow out!   

16 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I have an extra headset I'd be willing to borrow out!   

Don’t think will help unless we let Kalen DeBoer know we screwed up and ask that he take the next flight from Seattle out to Grand Forks to help out on Saturday. But he’s too busy being featured on ESPN College GameDay this weekend to do that probably. 

ok, ok, ok enough living in the past.

i am worried about this game being it’s a big game. UND leadership under Bubba historically been poor in these games. Need to change the trend eventually … hopefully it’s this Saturday 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Don’t think will help unless we let Kalen DeBoer know we screwed up and ask that he take the next flight from Seattle out to Grand Forks to help out on Saturday. But he’s too busy being featured on ESPN College GameDay this weekend to do that probably. 

ok, ok, ok enough living in the past.

i am worried about this game being it’s a big game. UND leadership under Bubba historically been poor in these games. Need to change the trend eventually … hopefully it’s this Saturday 

When we played SDSU, Nick Saban could have been our coach and the result would have been the same. We need NDSU to cough up the ball a couple times to have a chance. Otherwise they will man handle us up front and Miller will run for 150. It is always about the line of scrimmage.

• Like 1

Bubba was a good defensive coach. You would think all this week he would be helping Joel and working together with him to work on defensive schemes to stop the SU ground game. I'd love to see the same type of defensive performance we saw against MSU in 2019 and against NDSU in 2021. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Bubba was a good defensive coach. You would think all this week he would be helping Joel and working together with him to work on defensive schemes to stop the SU ground game. I'd love to see the same type of defensive performance we saw against MSU in 2019 and against NDSU in 2021. 

They know what they need to do. Just need to execute. Stay in the moment, do you job.

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

They know what they need to do. Just need to execute. Stay in the moment, do you job.

What have I long said about NDSU: They do nothing exceptional, but what they do, they do exceptionally well. 

UND needs to take the step from good to exceptional execution. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1