SiouxSports.com Forum

Homecoming: Western Illinois @ UND

UND-FB-FAN

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Only 6 pages for the Homecoming GDT? I get the last two weeks were ugly, but we can still make some noise this season. And we can start by beating our mortal enemies at home next week.

Go Hawks!

Buck the Fison!

Nothing to complain about this week so limited posts on here. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Did anyone expect UND to not blow out Western Illinois? C’mon man 

Nope.

But why do you and others have so much to say in Losses but nothing to say in Wins?

Why did they win? Is there some skill here? Do coaches know what they are doing? 

In losses you guys have the answers to these questions.

Just now, shep said:

Nope.

But why do you and others have so much to say in Losses but nothing to say in Wins?

Why did they win? Is there some skill here? Do coaches know what they are doing? 

Anyone who has coached at a high level will tell you the losses hurt more than the wins feel good. It’s all about ongoing progress/development; not settling for the status quo. Unfortunately, settling for the status quo has been all the rage of late around UND football.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, shep said:

Nope.

we won bc western illinois is an horrible horrible team and school.

nothing has changed with "us"....win a big game...boise jr college, south dakota state school of ag, north dakota school of ag, or the coyotes.....it was win 1 of 3...with sodak getting a win in fargo..it's now 1 of 4....win one

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, shep said:

Nope.

We did what we had to do at home against a very bad team.

Next week will tell us a great deal where the team stands six games in.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

are you happy with bubba's ten year tenure so far?

Whatever my thoughts are of the past, I don't spend my time hoping the team loses so as to validate my thoughts about him thereby giving me the opportunity to complain about all things UND FB.

• Upvote 4

Good team win, nice to blow out teams that we should. Red’s injury concerns me along with Bo.

Snaps we clean we did not run lots of trickery on Offense. Skokna looked fast on his TD run, which was great to see. Back-ups played well in mop up duty.

I expected a 4 score wind and we exceeded that. We were able to get them off the field (7-20 on 3rd/4th down I think).  Defense played with confidence (albeit Western Illinois is bad).

I hoped to see a different QB to run wildcat then Q (I thought Trey, but Romfo looked good running it). 

Next week,

Need to continue to get SU off the field on third down again. My guess they will try to be like SDSU and out physical us on the defensive front the run. Offense we need to run effectively, our offense gets decent chunk yards when we run play/pass or misdirection with a good run game. 

Wanting to see History repeat itself and we get a 1993 moment that ends the streak and gets UND over the hump!

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We did what we had to do at home against a very bad team.

Next week will tell us a great deal where the team stands six games in.

Right.  This game doesn't tell us much vrs. a bad team.  Quick hits-

Tommy is the guy, live or die.  If Feeney was close to more playing time we would have seen him more.

Romfo is the new Wildcat, that's refreshing to see after what we tried vrs. the Jacks.

LBs showing some signs of life....or just vrs. bad teams??

Red and the Knee tweak Celebration, WTF was that??

Our RBs appear healthy going into NDSU game.

I believe our WR group was hyped up too much going into this season.

Seeing some life at the TE position.  NDSU D coordinator probably fell off his chair seeing UND using TEs a little bit.

We'll need to play really well next week to have a 50/50 shot.

• Upvote 4