SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

29 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Glad you’re keeping track. Nice to be recognized, even by those okay with the status quo. 

Not sure who that refers to but just another example of arguing against points no one is making.
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings by posting your own comments, but my apologies. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Unless he is hearing Chaves is going to extend Bubba this spring like he did a few years ago?  

If true I will take a hard look at being a supporter of this program.

8 minutes ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

After reviewing the totality of the situation and considering everything in context, there is no way to justify extending Bubba's contract.  And I love Bubba and wanted it to work out so much. 

If Chaves extends Bubba, it's Chaves that needs to go.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Say @UND-FB-FAN is correct and Bubba for four more years. That would help explain Freund's departure. 

Looking forward to a story the Herald's apparently developing on coaching salary variations in the MVFC, and also the motivations involved in  some recent moves.

14 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Not sure who that refers to but just another example of arguing against points no one is making.
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings by posting your own comments, but my apologies. 

Mediocrity is definitely a concern. Expectations matter. Sure, mediocrity is denied verbally and in writing, including by yourself on this forum, but it is implied with everything else being done. Actions speak louder than words.

So….reading some social media posts on another page. Many comments about the status of college football. Here are a few comments…

“The NCAA is now powerless. They have lost control with the transfer portal and NIL.”

”A program can win a natty among accusations of cheating. Everyone. cheats now; we just have to cheat better.”

the best: “Success with honor is now gone.”

well, if the shoe fits wear it.

10 hours ago, jdub27 said:

You mean the guy who's worked his way onto two FCS advisory committees? Maybe you should start a gofundme to buy a clue...

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2023/10/27/general-bill-chaves-named-to-pair-of-football-championship-subdivision-committees.aspx

Maybe you should start a GoFundMe to build a statue of him. Because you are the biggest cheerleader for the status quo on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

You mean the guy who's worked his way onto two FCS advisory committees? Maybe you should start a gofundme to buy a clue...

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2023/10/27/general-bill-chaves-named-to-pair-of-football-championship-subdivision-committees.aspx

It's his turn. Pretty sure every A.D. in the conference rotates through these positions.

• Upvote 1

From what I can tell, Freund had a signed contract to coach at UND this coming year for 104K.  SDSU is paying him 105K.  I think UND tried to counter after that, but I don't know how much more they were willing to pay.  SDSU's new OC will be making 115K this year, only 10K more than Freund.

Pretty clear Freund didn't leave because of money.  However, more money could have probably prevented serious talks about coaching as a SDSU position coach from developing.  Probably wouldn't have even take that much more either, if they would have been willing to pay him what he was worth from the get-go.

Also, Landry was hired at 100K.  So that actually kind of pisses me off if UND was only willing to pay Freund 4K more than a replacement.  UND under valued Freund, clearly.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Maybe you should start a GoFundMe to build a statue of him. Because you are the biggest cheerleader for the status quo on this forum.

Can't see any reason to even consider that but I bet it would raise more money than yours did.....

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

From what I can tell, Freund had a signed contract to coach at UND this coming year for 104K.  SDSU is paying him 105K.  I think UND tried to counter after that, but I don't know how much more they were willing to pay.  SDSU's new OC will be making 115K this year, only 10K more than Freund.

Pretty clear Freund didn't leave because of money.  However, more money could have probably prevented serious talks about coaching as a SDSU position coach from developing.  Probably wouldn't have even take that much more either, if they would have been willing to pay him what he was worth from the get-go.

Also, Landry was hired at 100K.  So that actually kind of pisses me off if UND was only willing to pay Freund 4K more than a replacement.  UND under valued Freund, clearly.

Link?