SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

WTF is going on?  Can you imagine being an offensive player for UND tonight?

Bubba is too good of a man to have it end like this.  Something is really wrong.

In the span of 4 month, we went from hanging 49 on the Bison to having nobody want to be responsible for the offense under Bubba.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

So this also applies to Eric Schmidt then too right? Jake got an offer to go to the Alabama of FCS.....just like Schmidt dumped his new school and position to go to Alabama. 

I'm sure every one of us in Jakes position would have stuck at UND when Bubba is probably gone in a year and OC is probably gone too....verses go to the top dog with more security and more money. I'm sure we would have all stuck loyal to our new job we had for 8-10 days and say screw the amazing opportunity. 

It totally sucks for sure, but I can't blame him. But I sure will rooting against him hard when playing SU. 

I did see him listed as going to Alabama but his recent X posts make it look like he is still at SDSU.  

On 1/25/2024 at 7:54 AM, GoHawks said:

I believe the only reason Joe's name gets brought up is because he played for NDSU coach when he was at Iowa, so there is maybe some connection there. Not saying Joe wouldn't be a good OC but with no play calling experience its a stretch. And I would hate to see him leave. UND's Oline play is night and day difference since him coming here.

UND’s oline doesn’t have many questions or hole going into 2024. NDSU on the other hand……. They had to find their next center in the portal

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Beyond embarrassing. Need Chaves & Bubba gone. 

Hockey won ( dominated), Chaves skates by again

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Can’t really blame the guy. NDSU is a much better situation and also more $$$.
Don’t think many would turn that opportunity down for 1 year with Bubba before he gets canned 

The only little hiccup is that he took the UND job last week. But anyone who knows Jake isn't surprised, put it that way

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I did see him listed as going to Alabama but his recent X posts make it look like he is still at SDSU.  

Then I am wrong on that part then. Thought someone on here had said Schmidt was going to go to Alabama with Deboer. Schmidt is also taking a step up in position to DC. Landry is taking same position.....with more pay (I think) and a lot more security. I hate it bad, but I can't say I blame him. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The only little hiccup is that he took the UND job last week. But anyone who knows Jake isn't surprised, put it that way

Yeah I guess I don’t know him personally. Just can’t blame someone for taking $40k more salary and having A LOT more job security.

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

Yeah I guess I don’t know him personally. Just can’t blame someone for taking $40k more salary and having A LOT more job security.

On it's face, 100%.  This situation - yah uh.  

26 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Agree, losing Freund hurt, but after Jake was hired was actually feeling pretty pumped about the offense next year....and new mentality. 

This is a huge mind F for players and mental roller coaster. Not good. 

Completely. Ask me in two weeks, but this feels different. Can’t come back. Either Bubba retires or he’s officially chosen to burn it on the way out. What a sad way to go.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Bubba has nobody to blame but himself. The writing was on the wall after the Sac State debacle.  Now 2024 is a certifiable disaster

Is bubba just stubborn or incompetent 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Then I am wrong on that part then. Thought someone on here had said Schmidt was going to go to Alabama with Deboer. Schmidt is also taking a step up in position to DC. Landry is taking same position.....with more pay (I think) and a lot more security. I hate it bad, but I can't say I blame him. 

Sorry that might have been me.    I figure Eric would follow DeBoer.  He stayed in SdSU.

48 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

So this also applies to Eric Schmidt then too right? Jake got an offer to go to the Alabama of FCS.....just like Schmidt dumped his new school and position to go to Alabama. 

I'm sure every one of us in Jakes position would have stuck at UND when Bubba is probably gone in a year and OC is probably gone too....verses go to the top dog with more security and more money. I'm sure we would have all stuck loyal to our new job we had for 8-10 days and say screw the amazing opportunity. 

It totally sucks for sure, but I can't blame him. But I sure will rooting against him hard when playing SU. 

Pretty sure Schmitty is in San Diego.

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2024 at 5:22 AM, Longtime fan said:

My negativity resides with me full time as long as bubba is still coach.  I have invested many years and a lot of money into this football program over numerous decades.  Bubba is not a head coach.  He is still here so I expect the same BS outcome next year.  No expectations except that they can’t win the big road game, can’t win a playoff game, same boring pressers , same lack of of motivation…etc .  However … he will win one meaningful game at home that will keep fans thinking they turned over a new stone…..rinse and repeat.     How many UND fans really think Bubba can go to Fargo and win next year ?  Truly believe that ?  Not happening.   So bringing in another ex UNDer doesn’t excite me.  If Jake can get UND to actually win a meaningful game on the road or in the playoffs I will be smiling.  But “deer in the headlights “ Bubba is still here so I doubt that happens. 

I think it might be best for me to step away from the season tickets for awhile like I did with this board for 3 years.  Step away and breathe. I love UND and love UND football.   I also wear my heart on my sleeve with this program.  And right now it’s not healthy for me.  Wish I could be like more on this board and simply be ok with being so average but I cant.  It hurts.  

I'm frustrated too - But I don't blame Bubba as much as the AD - Bubba is always going to be Bubba.  To extend him after a 5-6 season shows how much the Athletic Department values excellence.  We have had weak leadership from the AD and the UND administration for far too long.  Overall this is as low as I have seen the overall athletic programs.  

• Upvote 3