SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

I was thinking.....if Bubba was going to retire early.....would be smart to do it after the portal closes. I don't think he is going to but that would be the time to do it. 

Then have Danny hopefully start building some momentum and hype in the spring. 

Are there actual rumors to this effect? 

6 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I was thinking.....if Bubba was going to retire early.....would be smart to do it after the portal closes. I don't think he is going to but that would be the time to do it. 

Then have Danny hopefully start building some momentum and hype in the spring. 

I have no desire to have Danny as the next head coach.   My go to word on this-Inbred

My hope is that NDSU can’t win back to back to back road games. That would be impressive for any team at any level, plus I still don’t believe NDSU is good enough to overcome a 3 game road trip through seeded teams to get to the championship. Hopefully.

16 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Except BB is the big program on campus

Except the Montanas want nothing to do with playing in the central time zone. Better convince MVC teams

yes...ball is god at UNI but hockey makes money and is very very popular in IA....

and yes.....been there done that with the Montanas.......need 6 or more FB teams.....UND, NDAC, USD, SDAC, St Thomas......then one more and you got Summit Football.....UNI, Missery State....Drake........Omaha.......Augie???

5 minutes ago, Dustin said:

My hope is that NDSU can’t win back to back to back road games. That would be impressive for any team at any level, plus I still don’t believe NDSU is good enough to overcome a 3 game road trip through seeded teams to get to the championship. Hopefully.

An east coast trip might have given them fatigue but a SD and MT trip are not so bad. They say the third week in a row is when it sets in

16 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I have no desire to have Danny as the next head coach.   My go to word on this-Inbred

Danny's shine has worn off some for sure. However I believe Bubba is under contract for two more seasons. I'd rather have Danny get a chance the next two years to see what he can do......than be almost guaranteed we are 7-4 with early playoff exits. 

15 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Danny's shine has worn off some for sure. However I believe Bubba is under contract for two more seasons. I'd rather have Danny get a chance the next two years to see what he can do......than be almost guaranteed we are 7-4 with early playoff exits. 

Hard to even think about UND football next fall. It’s just…depressing. Tired of the same old same old level of playing and bizarre coaching. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Hard to even think about UND football next fall. It’s just…depressing. Tired of the same old same old level of playing and bizarre coaching. 

And yet I’ll be here next August for all of it.  What a weird little addiction, and I think I speak for a lot of us. :lol:

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

And yet I’ll be here next August for all of it.  What a weird little addiction, and I think I speak for a lot of us. :lol:

Like the Chicago Cubs of old.   Maybe this year at the start of the season, then  it changes to maybe next year.

4 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I'll fall into line again, will likely be dazzled in a game or two and get my hopes up only to be home dreaming of what could have been...

The one positive we have is ......at least we are consistent ???

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

An east coast trip might have given them fatigue but a SD and MT trip are not so bad. They say the third week in a row is when it sets in

But they have had essentially 2 bye weeks in this process.  1 actual game and 2 glorified scrimmages. 

Just now, CMSioux said:

Did you see Nelson's pre-game comments to his team just before they left the locker room for the field - wonder if he gets trashed by USD fans for his low-key approach?

Isn’t the story we are supposed to stick to is it “took his amazing motivation to win with Bubbas guys in Duluth”?   Saw the same deer in headlights look on USDs sidelines today. 

3 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Did you see Nelson's pre-game comments to his team just before they left the locker room for the field - wonder if he gets trashed by USD fans for his low-key approach?

I’ve been in plenty of pregame speeches and almost none of them were Herb Brooks or Vince Lombardi style fire and brimstone. If you play division I football and need to be motivated by a pregame speech then you’re doing it wrong. The magic is in the weekly preparation.

• Upvote 2