well, you're not wrong.

Only slightly.  ;) 

UND Final PWR in the last five seasons:

22/23 - #19
21/22 - #7
20/21 - #2
19/20 - #1
18/19 - #20

Two "almost" seasons, two dominant seasons and one in the middle (that was still a #2 seed).

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

“Hey, St Cloud, we’re asking you to leave the conference because you didn’t like our nickname from 10+ years ago…”

Sorry, if we’re kicking out schools based on their politics, we’d better get rid of CC and Denver too while we’re at it, and probably Duluth too.  

It'd get lonely fast. 

10 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

“Hey, St Cloud, we’re asking you to leave the conference because you didn’t like our nickname from 10+ years ago…”

Sorry, if we’re kicking out schools based on their politics, we’d better get rid of CC and Denver too while we’re at it, and probably Duluth too.  

...and let's not forget how this whole nickname fiasco got started with professors and such on our own campus that pushed their agenda.  So we might have to kick ourselves out!

23 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I have to admit, that I've never been a fan of Stearns County Community College. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Why bother, at the current rate they'll be lucky to exist by 2030. Their enrollment went off a cliff and the looming demographic bomb hasn't even gone off yet. Mark my words, SCSU will be the first D1 hockey program dropped not by their athletic department, but due to the school shutting down.

Given their trending, I would not bet against this. 
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2023/06/15/st-cloud-state-university-eliminates-programs-lays-off-faculty-due-to-enrollment-decline 

5 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Why bother, at the current rate they'll be lucky to exist by 2030. Their enrollment went off a cliff and the looming demographic bomb hasn't even gone off yet. Mark my words, SCSU will be the first D1 hockey program dropped not by their athletic department, but due to the school shutting down.

who closes up shop first....scsu hockey or chicago st basketball or western illinois football?

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

“Gender and women’s studies professor” questions venture with “for-profit” business…

Tell me you have no clue about how the real world operates without telling me you have no clue how the real world operates.  

IMG_7395.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

“Gender and women’s studies professor” questions venture with “for-profit” business…

Tell me you have no clue about how the real world operates without telling me you have no clue how the real world operates.  

IMG_7395.jpeg

What is wrong with questioning a partnership with a business that has a reputation for shady practices? I thought you would want to protect "hard working taxpayer's money"?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Goon said:

I have to admit, that I've never been a fan of Sterns County Community College. 

I went to SCSU for a year and a half. (And I tried to leave sooner) It’s absolutely terrible. I told everyone from my hometown not to go there and none of them listened and then they all transferred to other schools too. Though this is just a non-athlete experience. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

What is wrong with questioning a partnership with a business that has a reputation for shady practices? I thought you would want to protect "hard working taxpayer's money"?

When one shady business hires another shady business, let the buyer and seller beware. 

Back on topic, does anyone else feel like Arizona State in the NCHC is a temporary situation at best?  How embarrassing would it have been to see ASU join the B1G and immediately leave the hockey conference?  I’d say it’s a legit concern, no?

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Back on topic, does anyone else feel like Arizona State in the NCHC is a temporary situation at best?  How embarrassing would it have been to see ASU join the B1G and immediately leave the hockey conference?  I’d say it’s a legit concern, no?

Well, would they owe us the buyout? 

Either way, it's not embarrassing to lose a school to the big ten.  It's not like we're the Pac 12.

15 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Well, would they owe us the buyout? 

Either way, it's not embarrassing to lose a school to the big ten.  It's not like we're the Pac 12.

So the hockey team committing to the NCHC followed by ASU leaving for the B1G…which would prompt  the hockey team to leave the NCHC before ever playing a conference game or be a one-and-done conference team.  Not a bad look for the NCHC?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So the hockey team committing to the NCHC followed by ASU leaving for the B1G…which would prompt  the hockey team to leave the NCHC before ever playing a conference game or be a one-and-done conference team.  Not a bad look for the NCHC?

We’ll never know. ASU is going to the Big XII. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2023 at 2:28 PM, MafiaMan said:

I’m a little perplexed at the rationale too.  

What has ASU done in football?  That's all this is about.   And you can't divorce Phil Knight from the Ducks, Oregon being NIke U is a huge part of their brand and brings eyeballs.  ASU is in Phoenix, but that's about all they bring to the table.  I think ASU is in the NCHC for the long haul now.  The Big 10 won't act any further until the ACC implodes or Stanford (and maybe Cal) offers to come for practically nothing.

If I was Minnesota, I'd be praying PJ Fleck gets some 10 win seasons or they might not be sitting so pretty after the next round of realignment.