SiouxSports.com Forum

ASU to NCHC

crb1

28 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I did a distance measurement and it will 26 miles from where the current area is in a straight line. Looking that the highway that gets out there probably 35-45 miles outside of downtown Atlanta. 

I'd do Kansas City if I got to choose.  Best choice for many reasons.  But there's huge potential for real growth of the game there because it is so close to some markets where hockey is a huge deal.  Great for league travel as well.  Multiple potential rivalries.  Just look at a map... and they already have an arena in place, so no need for a billion dollar investment.  Also no competition from the NBA.

image.png.a3cf61f02ad5883be5f2f00351af6c78.png

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I'd do Kansas City if I got to choose.  Best choice for many reasons.  But there's huge potential for real growth of the game there because it is so close to some markets where hockey is a huge deal.  Great for league travel as well.  Multiple potential rivalries.  Just look at a map... and they already have an arena in place, so no need for a billion dollar investment.  Also no competition from the NBA.

image.png.a3cf61f02ad5883be5f2f00351af6c78.png

Amen to that.  Not biased or anything.:D

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2023 at 3:50 PM, nodak651 said:

A daughter attended Emory, which is in N. Druid Hills, which is not as close to downtown as it looks, if you go by driving time.   Alpharetta is a haul from the city, but the money in that town is north and west (Buckhead).  

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Interesting topic of conversation down at ASU.  Hopefully ASU remains "like minded" after they hire their new AD.  

I'm going to go ahead and assume having the Coyotes playing 40-some on campus has a larger economic impact on the school and area than 7 football games. Obviously it's not a permanent situation but he doesn't include that in his calculus.