SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Off-season Recruiting

SD UND

3 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

DAE officially out of the transfer portal. Sad to see we let such a good one get away. 

My guess is he figured out after his 3rd transfer, having not graduated, and just being arrested in Florida, he probably wasn't going to be eligible to play right away.

7 minutes ago, SD UND said:

My guess is he figured out after his 3rd transfer, having not graduated, and just being arrested in Florida, he probably wasn't going to be eligible to play right away.

I didn't track DAE after he ditched us. Did he have to sit out a year after his second transfer like they're contemplating with Tyree?  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I didn't track DAE after he ditched us. Did he have to sit out a year after his second transfer like they're contemplating with Tyree?  

No, he used his one time transfer, and they were pretty loose with waiver eligibility the year after. Now, "supposedly" they are cracking down on waivers.. we will see.

17 minutes ago, SD UND said:

No, he used his one time transfer, and they were pretty loose with waiver eligibility the year after. Now, "supposedly" they are cracking down on waivers.. we will see.

Well we all know that UND usually get favorable treatment from the NCAA when it comes to waivers.... NOT*

*Yes, I am still bitter about Jaron Nash

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Well we all know that UND usually get favorable treatment from the NCAA when it comes to waivers.... NOT*

*Yes, I am still bitter about Jaron Nash

I'd probably try to keep expectations fairly tempered this time around as well. Better to be surprised than disappointed. Sounds like that's the current outlook.

I’m not sure the best thread to put this in so I’m just going to put it here…. There’s two high schoolers in Fargo that this coaching staff needs to be all over this year and next. Do whatever it takes to convince Mason Klabo (2025) and Jeremiah Sem (2024) to come north. 

I’m a bit surprised Sem hasn’t drawn more interest after the state championship run (I know it’s just North Dakota but it was still impressive) and then some of the monster dunks he’s had lately. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m not sure the best thread to put this in so I’m just going to put it here…. There’s two high schoolers in Fargo that this coaching staff needs to be all over this year and next. Do whatever it takes to convince Mason Klabo (2025) and Jeremiah Sem (2024) to come north. 

I’m a bit surprised Sem hasn’t drawn more interest after the state championship run (I know it’s just North Dakota but it was still impressive) and then some of the monster dunks he’s had lately. 

Didn’t Klabo commit to the Bison already?  He may get some interest from bigger programs. 

22 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Didn’t Klabo commit to the Bison already?  He may get some interest from bigger programs. 

No. He’s received an offer from UND, NDSU and UNI but he isn’t committed. Yeah I think he likely will receiver interest/offers from bigger programs but do what you can. 

20 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

No. He’s received an offer from UND, NDSU and UNI but he isn’t committed. Yeah I think he likely will receiver interest/offers from bigger programs but do what you can. 

Thanks for the clarification. Fargo fan misled me. I think he is top NDak kid in his age group. 

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Sem while talented has some off court issues/concerns.  That’s the only thing holding him back as he can play.  
Klabo is not staying around here.  Spoke to his sister a while back, she said he aiming for power 5 school 

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Welp, ask and you shall receive. UND offers Sem. 

10 hours ago, homer said:

His talent is worth taking a flyer on.  Gets better every single year.  

I agree! Really good offer! I think we could have an advantage over NDSU on this one as well. His older brother was once committed to NDSU and then later decommitted and went to MSUM. Don't know the whole backstory on that decommit but possibly the family doesn't have a great relationship with NDSU. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Welp, ask and you shall receive. UND offers Sem. 

Long overdue on UND's part IMO. On upside and talent alone he has the most of both in the state of ND and it is not close. Anyone think of a player in recent history that basically flipped a switch and totally took over a state tournament like he did in March?

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

The Sem offer may have been overdue but yet we are still the only D1 offer that I know he has. 

Texas A&M Commerce gave him a offer and he said it was his first D1 offer.  I have never heard of the school 

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

Texas A&M Commerce gave him a offer and he said it was his first D1 offer.  I have never heard of the school 

I would expect more offers to come in the next month or so as the AAU season is just getting started.