SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Off-season Recruiting

SD UND

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

If Ihenacho doesn't get a waiver we currently have 0 legit PG's and A TON of non-shooters. We have a lot of athletes however! That is good compared to recent years teams!

Going to have to switch the play style completely from the end of last year and what worked, shooting a lot of 3's. Going to need to create a lot of easy transition layups!

I am going to assume Trent had a conversation with the coaching staff and I would speculate that they believe Ihenacho will receive a waiver from the NCAA. 

3 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Can he help the team win or not? Fits the 4 man role great! We win more games with DAE on the roster. 

If DAE wants to come back to UND then you take him. That's the saying right??

He is a cancer to this program.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GoodGood said:

Good passer. Really struggled getting us into sets. Was very good at making reads once the offense got into the set. He’ll get better but is a ways away from playing consistent pg minutes in my opinion 

The second half of the year they literally ran 0 sets and ran a bunch of motion… try again 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I guess I didn’t know the point guards job was greatly different if he has to dribble the ball up and get it to the wing to run 5 out motion or a horns set 

Maybe delete this post too and try another one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I’ll answer the question for you. It is different. Big difference? Probably not but there are differences. Treysen will improve at it, it just takes time and experience 

Treysen will play 90% of his minutes at the 2. I think he’s talented enough to dribble up the court and enter it into the wing and either cut or screen away when he is at the 1 to do the ever important job of “initiating offense”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, SD UND said:

The second half of the year they literally ran 0 sets and ran a bunch of motion… try again 

If you think there was no difference in the flow of the team and the offense when Trent was in at PG vs when Treysen was playing PG then I'm not sure what to even tell you... If you watched the games at all there was a very very clear difference in the flow of everything when we had an actual PG in vs a SG that can dribble the ball up the court. Doesn't matter if they ran only motion or sets. Was a huge difference. 

Sometimes I wonder if certain people on this forum even watch the games or if they just come in here saying things as if they're a fact and have 0 clue what they're saying. It's easy to tell who actually knows basketball vs who doesn't but want to act like they do. 

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

If you think there was no difference in the flow of the team and the offense when Trent was in at PG vs when Treysen was playing PG then I'm not sure what to even tell you... If you watched the games at all there was a very very clear difference in the flow of everything when we had an actual PG in vs a SG that can dribble the ball up the court. Doesn't matter if they ran only motion or sets. Was a huge difference. 

Sometimes I wonder if certain people on this forum even watch the games or if they just come in here saying things as if they're a fact and have 0 clue what they're saying. It's easy to tell who actually knows basketball vs who doesn't but want to act like they do. 

Woah woah woah easy there big fella. The staff only added 3 PGs to the roster this off-season. All they run is motion, anyone can get them into that. Sources are telling me don’t be surprised to see T initiating the offense next year. It’s that easy 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Woah woah woah easy there big fella. The staff only added 3 PGs to the roster this off-season. All they run is motion, anyone can get them into that. Sources are telling me don’t be surprised to see T initiating the offense next year. It’s that easy 

boring-yawn.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

For the self proclaimed experts, I would wonder what your playing/coaching experience is that makes you think you have all of the answers. 
The reason I wonder, is that it seems those who consider other options for players next year “have 0 clue”. Eaglestaff has the potential to be an excellent point guard if he continues to develop and improve. Doesn’t mean that’s where he will play or should play. The addition of a couple of the other guys coming in may change where he plays. 
We also don’t know how the development of all of these players over the next 5-6 months will affect what Sather will do with his offensive and defensive schemes and how the players fit in to those schemes. 
I never played or coached college BB but the off season is the time for reevaluation of every player and coach. They reevaluate how they approach player development and how the new pieces of the puzzle fit in to what we need to do to be successful. They also need to see how they need to adjust the “puzzle” to the new pieces. 
I would contend that those who look at all options for next year have as much of a “clue” than those who don’t. If the coaches aren’t doing that (they are) then we are in trouble. 

I'd bet big money that I have played in more college basketball games than anyone on this forum. I would also bet big money that I have won more college basketball games than anyone in this forum. That doesn't matter though.

I'm not a self proclaimed expert, but I do feel like I have a pretty good grip on everything that basketball entails and how to be successful in basketball. I like to post my opinions and my thoughts and hear from others as well. I like to talk basketball. 

The issue me and others have with some individuals on here is that they make their posts as if what they say is a fact. They don't post opinions or thoughts. But then never have any evidence, stats, or logical reasons to back up these "facts". They resort to sarcastic comments back to people trying to have normal conversations and share their thoughts on basketball. 

It makes for a not fun experience trying to talk basketball with other fans of UND. Many of which have been fans and season ticket holders for many many years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'd bet big money that I have played in more college basketball games than anyone on this forum. I would also bet big money that I have won more college basketball games than anyone in this forum. That doesn't matter though.

I'm not a self proclaimed expert, but I do feel like I have a pretty good grip on everything that basketball entails and how to be successful in basketball. I like to post my opinions and my thoughts and hear from others as well. I like to talk basketball. 

The issue me and others have with some individuals on here is that they make their posts as if what they say is a fact. They don't post opinions or thoughts. But then never have any evidence, stats, or logical reasons to back up these "facts". They resort to sarcastic comments back to people trying to have normal conversations and share their thoughts on basketball. 

It makes for a not fun experience trying to talk basketball with other fans of UND. Many of which have been fans and season ticket holders for many many years. 

Points well taken. You have experiences that others don’t, so it may be reasonable to consider that when you have forum discussions. I wouldn’t dismiss another’s differing opinion with the 0 clue comment though. We don’t know their experience either. I know that other former college players who have played at this level, attend practice often, have opined that Treysen could be our point guard of the future. 

My point is that now is the time to sort that out and even with your experience, yours is an opinion just like others. 

I have experiences in areas where others don’t. I find that I can still learn and sometimes,  the rube who lives in grandma’s basement living on her social security checks gets it right and I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 3