SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Off-season Recruiting

SD UND

Hugs all around 

I have never played college basketball nor ever coached.

Been around it for ever.  Know I don’t know all but doesn’t mean I know nothing. In fact, maybe see things and believe things such as an athlete can learn to be a good shooter and an athlete can learn to be a point guard.

Basketball is still a game we love. We want a team we can be proud of. We want UND to be successful.

Go Hawks!

• Upvote 4

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2023/4/25/mens-basketball-mens-basketball-adds-james-madison-transfer-tyree-ihenacho.aspx

Not to read TOO much in between the lines BUT... this quote: "When he got in the portal and reached out this spring about coming back we felt it was the right thing for our program."

That says a lot to me... Think this means that Tyree initiated the contact... pretty humbling for a kid to maybe admit that he made a mistake or that he really wanted to come back... kudos to all sides here.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, SD UND said:

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2023/4/25/mens-basketball-mens-basketball-adds-james-madison-transfer-tyree-ihenacho.aspx

Not to read TOO much in between the lines BUT... this quote: "When he got in the portal and reached out this spring about coming back we felt it was the right thing for our program."

That says a lot to me... Think this means that Tyree initiated the contact... pretty humbling for a kid to maybe admit that he made a mistake or that he really wanted to come back... kudos to all sides here.

Absolutely agree, my guess is that Tyree handled his department in a very professional manner also.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, SD UND said:

Amen.  Humility goes a long way in this world, but there doesn't seen to be a whole lot of it in evidence anymore.  Go, Tyree!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SD UND said:

6'9 that can play the 5 and 4. Rebounding machine. This would fill a massive need.

Just under 4.5 O Boards a game is crazy Im just hoping those O Boards aren’t coming off his own misses. He would be really nice add to this roster!

On 4/26/2023 at 3:28 PM, SD UND said:

6'9 that can play the 5 and 4. Rebounding machine. This would fill a massive need.

We definitely need a guy that can grab some offensive rebounds.  Something we were lacking last year.  Does he have any other D1 offers?  Couldnt find it anywhere.  

9 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

We definitely need a guy that can grab some offensive rebounds.  Something we were lacking last year.  Does he have any other D1 offers?  Couldnt find it anywhere.  

He has an offer from the Peacocks of St. Peter’s.  

Edit:  that offer was from August of 2022 so not sure if it’s still valid. 

7B14F00E-AF0A-466E-8D00-0B33DF929061.jpeg

56 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Smart move by Sather. See Johnson post his commitment to other school and then send the gif out lol. Would think this is Amar. Be a nice rebounding presence of the bench. 

Have to wonder what order actual events actually happened...

40 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think they’re different style player. Johnson was getting more offers it appears. Amar I think filled a bigger need. 

It is a little concerning that Amar hasn't received more attention/offers.  With that size and his rebounding stats, you would think he would be receiving a lot of attention!

17 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

It is a little concerning that Amar hasn't received more attention/offers.  With that size and his rebounding stats, you would think he would be receiving a lot of attention!

Their loss is UNDs gain

Now they need to fill the last one