SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Off-season Recruiting

SD UND

5 minutes ago, UND-SPORTS-FAN said:

How good would he be in the NAIA? 

Funny you ask, he was just offered by Ottawa University which is historically one of the top NAIA programs in the country (Beat Denver in the 21-22 season, a team UND lost to twice, once by 20 points) . Then a few days later gets offered by UMKC and UND. Almost like the top NAIA schools are close to bottom D1 schools. Also I guess we just make fun of synergy now. Not like every college team in America doesn't use it. 

Anyway, staying on topic, could be a Matt Norman replacement. Shot 44% from 3 on almost 8 attempts a game. Also looked like he had some sneaky athleticism in his highlights. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

Anyway, staying on topic, could be a Matt Norman replacement. Shot 44% from 3 on almost 8 attempts a game. Also looked like he had some sneaky athleticism in his highlights. 

Matt Norman replacement was my first instinct as well. Not sure he will be quite the shooter Norman was this year but I think he could offer more outside of just shooting. Saw a couple highlights of him throwing it down over people so yeah sneaky athleticism for sure. 

38 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Matt Norman replacement was my first instinct as well. Not sure he will be quite the shooter Norman was this year but I think he could offer more outside of just shooting. Saw a couple highlights of him throwing it down over people so yeah sneaky athleticism for sure. 

Norman not returning for sure?

12 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Norman not returning for sure?

It doesn’t guarantee he’s gone for sure but he did not partake in senior day. Being he’s listed as a junior, why would he leave UND though? Better education elsewhere? Sick of hoops? Going to a bigger/better hoops program? Tired of long & bitterly cold GF winters? 

2 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

It doesn’t guarantee he’s gone for sure but he did not partake in senior day. Being he’s listed as a junior, why would he leave UND though? Better education elsewhere? Sick of hoops? Going to a bigger/better hoops program? Tired of long & bitterly cold GF winters? 

He did partake in senior day. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

Lets get UND added to the list. @Sather give him a phone call

Not sure why UND wouldn't be recruiting him. Extremely high ceiling! Who wouldn't want an extremely long, athletic, 6'10" player that can shoot threes, and has potential to develop some skills off the bounce. Seems like a no brainer to me. 

He can play the 4 for us. What would be wrong with a lineup of: 1. Trent (6'4") 2. Eaglestaff (6'6") 3. Omot (6'8") 4. Majouk (6'10") 5. TT (6'9")

4 guys can shoot the 3 ball. Spread the floor and let Trent do what he does best and create for others off the dribble. Tons of length on defense that could cause issues for other teams. Have a rim protector in Majouk. Could even throw some zone out there with that much length on the floor. Really think UND should be all over this kid. 

Edited by HoopsFan03
Added second and third paragraph
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Sources are telling me: "University of Jamestown Forward likely down to three scenarios: transfer to bigger school, declare to pro basketball, or quit basketball."

I think he is getting some serious interest from big schools.

3 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Not sure why UND wouldn't be recruiting him. Extremely high ceiling! Who wouldn't want an extremely long, athletic, 6'10" player that can shoot threes, and has potential to develop some skills off the bounce. Seems like a no brainer to me. 

He can play the 4 for us. What would be wrong with a lineup of: 1. Trent (6'4") 2. Eaglestaff (6'6") 3. Omot (6'8") 4. Majouk (6'10") 5. TT (6'9")

4 guys can shoot the 3 ball. Spread the floor and let Trent do what he does best and create for others off the dribble. Tons of length on defense that could cause issues for other teams. Have a rim protector in Majouk. Could even throw some zone out there with that much length on the floor. Really think UND should be all over this kid. 

Have you seen him play? Just wondering. Certainly love the length and his %s look pretty good. Not to mention, 3 years to play is great. Think it’s worth a look but certainly not the end of the world if we don’t land him. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Have you seen him play? Just wondering. Certainly love the length and his %s look pretty good. Not to mention, 3 years to play is great. Think it’s worth a look but certainly not the end of the world if we don’t land him. 

I have not seen him play in person but I've seen both game footage and highlight clips. LOTS of potential!

• Upvote 1