SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

18 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I see that a gopher fan tweeted a reply to Schloss’ announcement about Persson, quoting his numbers and laughing. Clearly this person has absolutely no clue about the kind of goaltender he is and the fact he played on some absolutely gawd awful teams. 

Hopefully someone responded with the requisite "tell us you don't know anything about hockey without telling us..."

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Hopefully someone responded with the requisite "tell us you don't know anything about hockey without telling us..."

The UND fans sitting in front of me at the X asked me why it was 5 on 5 OT against St Cloud…let’s not poke fun of other fans.  We have our own clueless group. 

16 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I recall the site being excited over DeRidder,  him coming from a no-d program and seeing more rubber than (insert)'s mom.

DeRidder would have worked out great if he played like '2nd Half DeRidder' all season instead of putting '1st Half DeRidder' in the mix.  ;) 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The UND fans sitting in front of me at the X asked me why it was 5 on 5 OT against St Cloud…let’s not poke fun of other fans.  We have our own clueless group. 

For how much non-UND fans like to !@#$ on UND fans. Sorry, F that. I'll enjoy dishing it right back. :) 

32 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I recall the site being excited over DeRidder,  him coming from a no-d program and seeing more rubber than (insert)'s mom.

Count me one as who was not at all excited over DeRidder after seeing him at Michigan State and I actually thought he would end up backing up Hellsten for much of the year but Hellsten never could find any consistency either

On Persson I like him much more than I did DeRidder but I was all in on Haider first and foremost so unless they went after him and got told he was interested I'm a little disappointed

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Count me one as who was not at all excited over DeRidder after seeing him at Michigan State and I actually thought he would end up backing up Hellsten for much of the year but Hellsten never could find any consistency either

On Persson I like him much more than I did DeRidder but I was all in on Haider first and foremost so unless they went after him and got told he was interested I'm a little disappointed

I'm just relieved they got one of them.  My uneducated view is the gap between them may be small, but the gap to the next option beyond these two is huge.  They may also have felt they absolutely know Person, having seen a lot of him over the years.  Which is different from last year.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, jk said:

I'm just relieved they got one of them.  My uneducated view is the gap between them may be small, but the gap to the next option beyond these two is huge.  They may also have felt they absolutely know Person, having seen a lot of him over the years.  Which is different from last year.

Yes this. 
If we didn’t get Persson or Haider, then aside from the UMass goalie that went to UML…there seemed to be a pretty big drop when looking for a guy that can start 25+ games next season. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I see that a gopher fan tweeted a reply to Schloss’ announcement about Persson, quoting his numbers and laughing. Clearly this person has absolutely no clue about the kind of goaltender he is and the fact he played on some absolutely gawd awful teams. 

I can imagine they laughed as hard as I would if they told me that Close is a better goalie 

2 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

For how much non-UND fans like to !@#$ on UND fans. Sorry, F that. I'll enjoy dishing it right back. :) 

We are such a hated team it's ridiculous, by many...many....

Scrolling Twitter tonight and SCSU fans are dogging UND about no women's hockey....that's all they have to talk about.  

It's like I said when they were playing Goldy, it's okay if they lose.  They don't deserve nice things.  Spent a week at a conference at the Herb this summer and the people that work at the rink reminded us to lock our car doors every day because of all the crack heads walking around....

Beautiful Stearns County....

• Like 2

Let's get some more good news tomorrow.

How about Palocsik & Warren for D and then Larson & Berg for F and we call it a day?  ;) 

It'll also be interesting to see where some of the six UND portal entrants end up...so far no news on any of them landing anywhere.

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

History says a new home is 50/50 for a portal entrant. Can we use the Schlossman lucky quarter and flip for each to predict?

Does xG factor into this 50/50 equation? 

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

Let's get some more good news tomorrow.

How about Palocsik & Warren for D and then Larson & Berg for F and we call it a day?  ;) 

It'll also be interesting to see where some of the six UND portal entrants end up...so far no news on any of them landing anywhere.

Don’t we only need 1 F?