SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

3 minutes ago, SD UND said:

It is hilarious that a few people judge the recruits that Sather has brought in and say we don't have a D1 hoops team, and then the next thing you know they want our top priority to be a NAIA transfer...

Mason Walters is a good basketball player and if he wants to come to UND you take him.. If he wants to go anywhere else you wish him luck.

He is a D1 player.... simple as that. If you can't see that or don't think that then not sure how else to help you.. 

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

He is a D1 player.... simple as that. If you can't see that or don't think that then not sure how else to help you.. 

Sure, never said he wasn't. If you reread my comment and don't rush to get defensive I said if he wants to come they should take him.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SD UND said:

Sure, never said he wasn't. If you reread my comment and don't rush to get defensive I said if he wants to come they should take him.

It's annoying to everyone how you continuously try to push this false narrative that everyone hates Sather and are just out to get him. Nobody thinks like that. We all want UND to win and be successful no matter who the coach is.

We are talking about potential transfers for next year and you somehow make it about how you're best buddies with Sather and have to constantly defend him when nobody even brought him up!! His name was not mentioned in talking about 3 possible transfers for UND to go after. We get it, you're best buds with Sather and love him and feel like you have to always defend his honor on this forum. It doesn't need to be brought up in every single conversation that has nothing to do with the coach. 

This is the final time I will even be responding to you or interacting with you on this forum, as it is a waste of my time. I wish you and Sather and your guys relationship nothing but the best!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

It's annoying to everyone how you continuously try to push this false narrative that everyone hates Sather and are just out to get him. Nobody thinks like that. We all want UND to win and be successful no matter who the coach is.

We are talking about potential transfers for next year and you somehow make it about how you're best buddies with Sather and have to constantly defend him when nobody even brought him up!! His name was not mentioned in talking about 3 possible transfers for UND to go after. We get it, you're best buds with Sather and love him and feel like you have to always defend his honor on this forum. It doesn't need to be brought up in every single conversation that has nothing to do with the coach. 

This is the final time I will even be responding to you or interacting with you on this forum, as it is a waste of my time. I wish you and Sather and your guys relationship nothing but the best!

Rain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I will miss our interactions

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, SD UND said:

It is hilarious that a few people judge the recruits that Sather has brought in and say we don't have a D1 hoops team, and then the next thing you know they want our top priority to be a NAIA transfer...

Mason Walters is a good basketball player and if he wants to come to UND you take him.. If he wants to go anywhere else you wish him luck.

I love how we were having a legit conversation about 3 potential transfers that would all be great gets for UND and then you come in trying to spin it in some negative connotation. It’s awesome! Keep being you!

• Upvote 2

Just now, GoodGood said:

I love how we were having a legit conversation about 3 potential transfers that would all be great gets for UND and then you come in trying to spin it in some negative connotation. It’s awesome! Keep being you!

To be clear, I think Mason Walters is GOOD player.. if he wants to come to UND that's awesome! 

Sheesh!

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I would say of those 3 listed, yes. I think UND would have the best chance to actually land Mason out of the 3 listed. Not sure if Thompson or Moni will even look to transfer this year. We know Mason is in the portal for sure this year. 

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

I think for one season he would be the top guy. Maybe two years of the other guys would be a better plan. I think Mason is considered the best player in the NAIA. As a sophomore he held his own against a 7 footer named EJ Onu from Shawnee State. EJ has played the last several years in the G League and received serious draft consideration. Last years NAIA national champion had guys transfer to Ole Miss and Marquette. Hard to judge where exactly Mason falls but the last couple of years the top NAIA players have been able to play at a pretty high level. 

You two and @McBuckets appear to be of "one mind" on so many things. 

9 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

Crazy to think multiple people can agree that Mason Walters and Jackson Moni would be a good get for UND. Not like they are local ND kids or anything.

Crazy to see you Hoops and Good all post in a row in a four minute window about an hour ago. You must have a mind-meld thing.

• Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Crazy to see you Hoops and Good all post in a row in a four minute window about an hour ago. You must have a mind-meld thing.

That's my bad, next time I'll make sure to set a timer so I don't respond at the same time as someone else. I'm a little worried to see SWSioux, the green team, and you all respond within 8 minutes of each other there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is there a way so I can turn on notifications for when @HoopsFan03and @McBuckets post? I’d like to see when they do so I can give myself plenty of time between their posts. Or maybe I will want to buy into this conspiracy theory and only post directly after them!   Hopefully I’m logged into GoodGood for this post. That would be embarrassing to get caught with my other burner accounts!!

Now can we please have a real basketball discussion like we were when talking about potential transfers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, McBuckets said:

Did he get hurt or just fall out of the rotation this last month?

He really has only played when other guys were injured, got his big chance when Garcia was out. He just doesn't bring anything to get minutes. Plays hard and screens well but his 3 shot is great in practice and he works at it so much but can't hit it in the game, not a great rebounder for his size, effects shots some but you'd like more there and can be knocked around by physical bigs.

11 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

He really has only played when other guys were injured, got his big chance when Garcia was out. He just doesn't bring anything to get minutes. Plays hard and screens well but his 3 shot is great in practice and he works at it so much but can't hit it in the game, not a great rebounder for his size, effects shots some but you'd like more there and can be knocked around by physical bigs.

I’ll have to watch some more film on him. At his size and athleticism he’s a really good prospect. I just remember seeing a video of him dunking on Chet in a summer league.

On 3/8/2023 at 10:33 PM, SiouxScore said:

His role probably won't get any bigger but he loves Minnesota. The decision for him will be does he want to play or is alright with being a very small role guy/maybe not getting any minutes for games at a time but being at the program he loves.

Does sound like he wants to play and will explore transfer possibilities

4 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

So how we feeling today?

• Nero portalled
  • Norman all but gone
  • raw talent coming in
  • Recruit a ready (1)PG who can run the floor and pick an pop from deep, and a ready  (2)big with soft touch that can defend and move under the basket.
  • Hope to retain the fantastic freshies (Omot, Eaglestaff and Brooks) and move forward.

one step back, two steps forward.