SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

6 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

He should be the top priority, its been mentioned multiple times how getting a transfer to UND is tough because of the location. Here we have a local kid looking to move up to D1 and probably will stay semi close to home. Not sure if he has any ties to UND or not. Another plus is it will keep him from going to NDSU.

Getting Mason to UND will be a difficult task but one that UND needs to try get done. UND isn't far from home for him but NDSU is closer. NDSU also has a good buddy of his on the team in Skunberg. NDSU is a better team and he would fit right into the current role that Grant Nelson has on the team. Would be a pretty seamless transition fit wise.

I'll do my best in trying to get Mason to UND but it is going to be a tall task!

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I don't know of any official word, all I know is that he was gone for the whole year and there was a reason behind it. 

I thought the other day that SD confirmed that he isn't on the team. I can't remember which thread it was in to go find it though. 

34 minutes ago, ZDosch said:

Stevens knows Walters dad very well. If there's an opportunity, no question UND will be there but I think Walters wants to get out and see the world for his last year.

Being close enough for his parents and brothers to come to every one of his games is important for him. I would be very surprised if he left ND. Possibly SD, MN, or MT but I would be surprised. 

1 hour ago, ZDosch said:

The main point would be we have a long way to go to get all this sorted out. I think this coaching staff has certainly learned from the last couple of years and is better prepared - I really think they are casting a wider net so no matter what direction this goes, they have more options and more solutions. 

Jesus Take The Wheel GIF - Jesus Take The Wheel - Discover & Share GIFs

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, ZDosch said:

I hope you're right, it would be great to have him in Grand Forks. That conference Jamestown plays in is AWFUL. 

GPAC is a solid NAIA conference. The North Star which Mayville plays in is AWFUL. Shawnee State which beat Jamestown a couple of years ago in the elite 8 was a very good team. They would’ve more than held their own in the Summit League this year 

49 minutes ago, ZDosch said:

I hope you're right, it would be great to have him in Grand Forks. That conference Jamestown plays in is AWFUL. 

That conference is the best overall conference in the NAIA.. teams in that conference consistently beat D2 teams.. many D1 teams won't schedule teams in the GPAC for their non-D1 games... To say that it is an awful conference is an insanely bad take

7 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Is he going to go down a level you think?

I would think so.  Tough break for him because before he got hurt it looked like he was putting it all together.  If he, Sueker, Levias, and Mathews had all been fully healthy in 21-22... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

That conference is the best overall conference in the NAIA.. teams in that conference consistently beat D2 teams.. many D1 teams won't schedule teams in the GPAC for their non-D1 games... To say that it is an awful conference is an insanely bad take

It wasn’t good this year……..

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Two ranked teams in the Top 25 is really good?  How many conferences are there?

One of five conferences that got 5 teams into the national tournament. So on a "down" year still just as good as any other conference at the NAIA level. No idea where @ZDosch is getting awful from. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

One of five conferences that got 5 teams into the national tournament. So on a "down" year still just as good as any other conference at the NAIA level. No idea where @ZDosch is getting awful from. 

Once again, only two ranked teams out of 25. Ranked #11 and #18.  Not exactly murderer's row for Jamestown all year.  

Hold on...they let 64 teams in the tournament?  LOL - hardly anything to brag about

Just now, UND1983 said:

Once again, only two ranked teams out of 25. Ranked #11 and #18.  Not exactly murderer's row for Jamestown all year.  

Hold on...they let 64 teams in the tournament?  LOL - hardly anything to brag about

Whatever makes you feel better. The GPAC is not an awful NAIA conference and D1 teams will not schedule them. I know for a fact Jamestown has been looking the last couple of years for D1 games. More specifically they have tried to schedule UND and have been turned down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

Whatever makes you feel better. The GPAC is not an awful NAIA conference and D1 teams will not schedule them. I know for a fact Jamestown has been looking the last couple of years for D1 games. More specifically they have tried to schedule UND and have been turned down. 

It does make me feel better.  Thanks for worrying about others feelings, again.  

I would call it a decent conference at best based on actual facts I presented and not who is afraid of who.  

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

It does make me feel better.  Thanks for worrying about others feelings, again.  

I would call it a decent conference at best based on actual facts I presented and not who is afraid of who.  

What fact did you present? The GPAC is one of five conferences with 5 teams in the NAIA national tournament. Jamestown has tried to schedule UND the last couple of years. UND would rather play Presentation and Waldorf. Those are facts. If you have any questions PM me. Have a good night

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

What fact did you present? The GPAC is one of five conferences with 5 teams in the NAIA national tournament. Jamestown has tried to schedule UND the last couple of years. UND would rather play Presentation and Waldorf. Those are facts. If you have any questions PM me. Have a good night

Why would UND schedule them?  I wouldn't either.  However, one team doesn't mean the conference is good. Two ranked teams total.  Meh

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Why would UND schedule them?  I wouldn't either.  However, one team doesn't mean the conference is good. Two ranked teams total.  Meh

Pac 12 only has 2 teams in the top 25 but I dont think anyone is saying that is a bad conference. I’ve only watched 2 UJ games on BEK this year and dont think they were conference games but UJ is the real deal I can tell you that. I honestly think Walters would have been the best player on UND this year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Tell me you have 0 clue what you’re talking about without telling me. The last 4 years that Mason has been at Jamestown the GPAC has been one of, if not the overall best conference in the NAIA. That isn’t debatable. Talk to anyone that has any clue about NAIA basketball. 

UND would not schedule Jamestown because I quote “We can’t be a D1 team playing an NAIA school without the better players on the floor”. This is just one example. Look at how many D1 team’s schedule any GPAC teams. It doesn’t happen because they can’t afford to lose to an NAIA school. Hence the GPAC is a good conference. This is the last time commenting on this subject with you as you have 0 clue what you are talking about. I’m also disappointed in @ZDosch and his uneducated comment for someone that is supposed to be in the know when it comes to college basketball. 

• Upvote 1