SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

2 hours ago, ZDosch said:

I hope you're right, it would be great to have him in Grand Forks. That conference Jamestown plays in is AWFUL. 

Educate yourself and ask Dom Izzo what he thinks about the conference. I’ll have to relisten to his interview with Mason but he only had great things to say about the conference.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

They got 5 teams into the national tournament. May not have the best team in the country but top to bottom could be best conference in NAIA

I could be wrong but I believe 30% of the teams participating in NAIA make the playoff field.  I’d imagine any team in their conference with a record above .500 got in. 

I do think he is the 2nd best basketball player in the state of ND regardless of how good his conference is.  

7 minutes ago, homer said:

I could be wrong but I believe 30% of the teams participating in NAIA make the playoff field.  I’d imagine any team in their conference with a record above .500 got in. 

I do think he is the 2nd best basketball player in the state of ND regardless of how good his conference is.  

Yep I just did the math its 64/234 teams make it so 27%. I know NAIA just combined divisions so not sure how many teams made it before they combined 

21 minutes ago, homer said:

I don’t necessarily follow NAIA basketball unless I know someone on a team. I happen to have a good relationship with Mason Walters. The GPAC is considered by everyone one of the top NAIA conferences and it’s not even debatable. @ZDosch had a lazy take and @UND1983 is just being arrogant 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I don’t necessarily follow NAIA basketball unless I know someone on a team. I happen to have a good relationship with Mason Walters. The GPAC is considered by everyone one of the top NAIA conferences and it’s not even debatable. @ZDosch had a lazy take and @UND1983 is just being arrogant 

My downfall. We could now get back to UND hoops for 2023.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

UND already has some non-conference opponents for 23-24, most of these are the return matchups from this year.

11/11 @ Pacific

12/9 Portland

12/20 @ Nebraska

@ Utah Tech

Elon

@ CS-Fullerton

Game @ Nebraska will be fun! The arena is super nice, right downtown Lincoln. I'll be there!! 

Vs Portland should be a fun home game! 

12 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I don’t know about others, but I don’t give a crap how good or bad some NAIA conference is. 

It is a bit strange. Almost like some people have some sort of emotional attachment to how good they are, perceived or otherwise, and feel the need to make sure others have a high opinion of them. Odd that some are almost taking it personally. Not really my thing either but to see the defense of them is a bit over the top given where it is being discussed. Personally going after a poster who has proven to have great insight, for an opinion that I think others (not on a UND message board) share, is also kind of interesting.

Or maybe I'm just reading into things (and teams/conferences) that don't matter too much here. :wink:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On 3/7/2023 at 8:06 AM, HoopsFan03 said:

Getting Mason to UND will be a difficult task but one that UND needs to try get done. UND isn't far from home for him but NDSU is closer. NDSU also has a good buddy of his on the team in Skunberg. NDSU is a better team and he would fit right into the current role that Grant Nelson has on the team. Would be a pretty seamless transition fit wise.

I'll do my best in trying to get Mason to UND but it is going to be a tall task!

Good luck and thank you for recruiting for the men's basketball team, I'm sure they appreciate it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

It is a bit strange. Almost like some people have some sort of emotional attachment to how good they are, perceived or otherwise, and feel the need to make sure others have a high opinion of them. Odd that some are almost taking it personally. Not really my thing either but to see the defense of them is a bit over the top given where it is being discussed. Personally going after a poster who has proven to have great insight, for an opinion that I think others (not on a UND message board) share, is also kind of interesting.

Or maybe I'm just reading into things (and teams/conferences) that don't matter too much here. :wink:

Yeah you're reading into this way too deep bud.

Maybe it's because we were talking about probably the best transfer UND could possibly get this off-season, and someone that is supposed to be a college basketball analyst makes probably the worst take that has ever been put in this forum... Someone that is supposed to "prove to have great insight" made the most uneducated, lazy take ever posted in this forum when talking about our best transfer option and the conference he plays in. Yeah, I hope people call him out for it....

10 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Yeah you're reading into this way too deep bud.

Maybe it's because we were talking about probably the best transfer UND could possibly get this off-season, and someone that is supposed to be a college basketball analyst makes probably the worst take that has ever been put in this forum... Someone that is supposed to "prove to have great insight" made the most uneducated, lazy take ever posted in this forum when talking about our best transfer option and the conference he plays in. Yeah, I hope people call him out for it....

People on Siouxsports.com need to respect the GPAC.  I definitely learned my lesson yesterday.  :blush:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

People on Siouxsports.com need to respect the GPAC.  I definitely learned my lesson yesterday.  :blush:

Or tell @ZDosch to do his job better and you to not act like you know what you're talking about when you have 0 clue.

This has nothing to do with the GPAC or any conference specifically. Don't post things that are blatantly false and not expect people to call you out.

• Downvote 1

Just now, UND1983 said:

Mods, can we think about a monthly limit on 'downvotes'?  Maybe cap it at 100.  

Wow, cry about it. I'm surprised you aren't in my private message box crying about a downvote like Sather's bodyguard SD was. Such strange behavior from grown adults. 

This is my last message to you or anyone else on this subject. Have a good day today. Make sure you say factual statements today :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Or tell @ZDosch to do his job better and you to not act like you know what you're talking about when you have 0 clue.

This has nothing to do with the GPAC or any conference specifically. Don't post things that are blatantly false and not expect people to call you out.

What the hell else are message boards for!?? LOL!  

• Upvote 2