SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

12 minutes ago, DL Sioux said:

Only problem I see is that basketball doesn't usually have multiple weekends to complete the post season tournament.

first two rounds could've been played this past weekend on campus (St Paul and Fargo) and the last 3 games could be in Tulsa this week/end?  easy

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

Why did this basketball topic morph into big 1x hockey, please put it somewhere else 

just mentioning their playoff format is awesome...summit needs to ditch sioux falls and bring the tourney back to campus sites like the head coaches of teams other than sdsu and usd wants....

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

Why did this basketball topic morph into big 1x hockey, please put it somewhere else 

if und wins the summit next year and plays sdsu in the championship game in sioux falls you might change your mind about where that game should be....

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if und wins the summit next year and plays sdsu in the championship game in sioux falls you might change your mind about where that game should be....

I didn’t mention that, just wondering why we are talking big 10 hockey

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

I didn’t mention that, just wondering why we are talking big 10 hockey

the head coach of oral roberts is getting ripped for saying taht the tourney should probably go back to on campus...mentioned it's 20 some degrees in beauftiful sioux falls compared to 70 in tulsa and it's unfair to teams others than the bunnies and yotes

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the head coach of oral roberts is getting ripped for saying taht the tourney should probably go back to on campus...mentioned it's 20 some degrees in beauftiful sioux falls compared to 70 in tulsa and it's unfair to teams others than the bunnies and yotes

I have followed his comments, if it’s moved to campus sites how many days will it take, hard to fly or bus to some towns. The nice thing about 1 site is teams are there in case of storms .  Motel rooms can be an issue too in some towns .

would love to have some tourney games in GF.

‘Mpls. Would be alternative but crowds would be way smaller.

I saw a big sky game the other day, the venue is small and so we’re the crowds

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

I have followed his comments, if it’s moved to campus sites how many days will it take, hard to fly or bus to some towns. The nice thing about 1 site is teams are there in case of storms .  Motel rooms can be an issue too in some towns .

would love to have some tourney games in GF.

‘Mpls. Would be alternative but crowds would be way smaller.

I saw a big sky game the other day, the venue is small and so we’re the crowds

two of my fav games at the betty....the big sky women's basketball championship game that we won...and the big sky women's championship volleyball game that we won....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I’m sure that did but how often will that happen? This is guaranteed. Idk the numbers so willing to listen just saying they can count on these dollars. They also have an agreement with the Sanford Center through 2025 I believe with an option for 2026. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m sure that did but how often will that happen? This is guaranteed. Idk the numbers so willing to listen just saying they can count on these dollars. They also have an agreement with the Sanford Center through 2025 I believe with an option for 2026. 

it would happen more if the best team goes forward...lots of upsets at the tourney in SF...move the two best teams up to the semi's to rest em and let #1 host....

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

it would happen more if the best team goes forward...lots of upsets at the tourney in SF...move the two best teams up to the semi's to rest em and let #1 host....

ORU was the 4 seed that year. Granted it was Covid so crowds weren’t much of a factor. 

• Upvote 1

So lets look at the current roster

Graduated: Sueker

People honored on Senior Day: Nero, Danielson, Norman.

Lets go with the assumption that all 3 seniors are done in addition to Sueker. So that opens up 4 scholarships plus the 1 vacated by Victor N. not showing up. UND has finally removed all the players with a COVID year if this occurs btw.  

Seniors (2) : T, Trent

Juniors (2): Mathews, Grant

Sophomores (4 scholar/2 walk-on) :Brooks, Eaglestaff, Omot, Levias, Hong, Nicholson

Freshman (3 scholarship): Doppler, Erikson, and Bothun.

This leaves UND with 2 CURRENT open scholarships to use. 

Projected starting lineup (given returning players)

Trent

Eaglestaff

Omot

T/Incoming Player

Mathews/T/Incoming player

Bench:

Brooks

Levias

Doppler

Bothun

Erikson

Easy decision to slide Eaglestaff to the 2 spot with Trent.  As mentioned: UND needs to add to their post depth behind T and Mathews and get their PG of the future on the roster. 

There is a lot to like here and build off of if they add at those two positions.  Of course, other things need to fall in place. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

Mason Walters would be awesome… 

He should be the top priority, its been mentioned multiple times how getting a transfer to UND is tough because of the location. Here we have a local kid looking to move up to D1 and probably will stay semi close to home. Not sure if he has any ties to UND or not. Another plus is it will keep him from going to NDSU.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So lets look at the current roster

Graduated: Sueker

People honored on Senior Day: Nero, Danielson, Norman.

Lets go with the assumption that all 3 seniors are done in addition to Sueker. So that opens up 4 scholarships plus the 1 vacated by Victor N. not showing up. UND has finally removed all the players with a COVID year if this occurs btw.  

Seniors (2) : T, Trent

Juniors (2): Mathews, Grant

Sophomores (4 scholar/2 walk-on) :Brooks, Eaglestaff, Omot, Levias, Hong, Nicholson

Freshman (3 scholarship): Doppler, Erikson, and Bothun.

This leaves UND with 2 CURRENT open scholarships to use. 

Projected starting lineup (given returning players)

Trent

Eaglestaff

Omot

T/Incoming Player

Mathews/T/Incoming player

Bench:

Brooks

Levias

Doppler

Bothun

Erikson

Hong

Easy decision to slide Eaglestaff to the 2 spot with Trent.  As mentioned: UND needs to add to their post depth behind T and Mathews and get their PG of the future on the roster. 

There is a lot to like here and build off of if they add at those two positions.  Of course, other things need to fall in place. 

No love for Hong on the bench?