SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS red cows (SATURDAY)

iluvdebbies

33 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If we make it to St. Paul, it will be one of the more surprising appearances in program history.

I wouldn’t go that far. This group has underperformed all year, but has shown the ability to score goals. Most interesting aspect, is the lack of power play goals the past few weeks. If the power play gets things right again, and they continue to play better 5x5, maybe there’s a chance.

• Upvote 1

And for just the 2nd time in 24 years UND will not be hosting the first round in the playoffs. Hopefully that doesn't sit well with the coaches and the boys and gets them fired up to redeem themselves for that rather embarrassing stat. 

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Dare I say this team might have a shot in Omaha next weekend?

I do believe so, MM. The only problem is the red cows sit on low end of the PW top 16 ranking so like UND also I would think they will be very motivated to at least advance to St Paul for conf tourney.

8 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

Maybe it's a Rocco Grimaldi trained team last off season?

Took me a bit to grasp your reasoning,  Grimaldi has entered my mind as a coach prospect.   No idea if coaching is part of his plan forward, just thoughts in an idle mind.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone commented about the coaches challenge on Jandric’s goal regarding the fact that it appeared Tychonick had pulled Schmaltz’s stick the opposite direction and when he dove to block the shot, it looked like he released and Schmaltz pulled his stick back the opposite way and that’s why it appeared he’d interfered with the goalie.

Not that re-litigating it matters at this point but this morning was my first real opportunity to watch it so it got me thinking. 

8 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Has anyone commented about the coaches challenge on Jandric’s goal regarding the fact that it appeared Tychonick had pulled Schmaltz’s stick the opposite direction and when he dove to block the shot, it looked like he released and Schmaltz pulled his stick back the opposite direction and that’s why it appeared he’d interfered with the goalie.

Not that re-litigating it matters at this point but this morning was my first real opportunity to watch it so it got me thinking. 

Looked back at it just now, made it even more clear that the stick was grabbed and forced into that position, it's a good goal 10 times out of 10.

That means Johnny T was responsible for both goals last night

Lol

12 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Has anyone commented about the coaches challenge on Jandric’s goal regarding the fact that it appeared Tychonick had pulled Schmaltz’s stick the opposite direction and when he dove to block the shot, it looked like he released and Schmaltz pulled his stick back the opposite way and that’s why it appeared he’d interfered with the goalie.

That was such a BS goalie interference call.

45 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

If I were the Omaha coach, that five-minute timeout gave me a chance to shorten the bench for the last few minutes.  Challenging that goal early in the game would have been a waste of a timeout.

Glad the refs got the call right.

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Took me a bit to grasp your reasoning,  Grimaldi has entered my mind as a coach prospect.   No idea if coaching is part of his plan forward, just thoughts in an idle mind.

Dillon Simpson would be a great coach. Sucks his career here ended the way it did, but he captained a team that made a major turn around despite hiccups and always sounded like a coach in interviews. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I thought exactly the same thing and was hoping one of three officials looking at the play caught that.  Johnny T held our player's stick into Kucharski's head.  It's still a goal whether the stick is there or not but JT didn't do his goalie any favors in the third period. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I thought exactly the same thing and was hoping one of three officials looking at the play caught that.  Johnny T held our player's stick into Kucharski's head.  It's still a goal whether the stick is there or not but JT didn't do his goalie any favors in the third period. 

I was also surprised Jake never mentioned it either during the review. 

• Upvote 1

So last night when CC was leading, she says, “If CC ends up playing at Omaha, we should fly out there for the series next weekend!” I was like, “That sounds great!”

Fast forward to after both the UND and CC games, and I’m like, “So we’re still going to Omaha next weekend right??!!” And she’s like, “He*# no!” 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Dillon Simpson would be a great coach. Sucks his career here ended the way it did, but he captained a team that made a major turn around despite hiccups and always sounded like a coach in interviews. 

Another great possibility,  I don't know Dillon's story.... oh great & wise Google, don't fail me now...