SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS red cows (SATURDAY)

iluvdebbies

13 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I assume there’s some tiebreaker scenarios that prevent going to SCSU. 

If St. Cloud loses, they will remain in 4th place and that will mean that Duluth will have won, insuring that Duluth stay in 5th place and thus the matchup between them again next week.  If St. Cloud wins and Omaha loses then things get cloudier as potentially  there could be a three way tie for second and not sure how the tiebreakers work there, if Miami should somehow pull off an upset of W. Mich.  If there is a 2 way tie between the Clowns and Omaha, that means we will have jumped Duluth into 5th place, so maybe St. Cloud owns the tiebreaker against Omaha?  Clear as mud.

4 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Having four draft picks in suits is definitely something opposing coaches can use against us in recruiting.

Costantini is a head scratcher.  Maybe he is banged up and no one is saying anything, but to sit out both games this weekend if he is healthy is bothersome.  With the underperformance of a number of players on this team, you have to start wondering if Berry has lost control of the lockerroom.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fsioux said:

Costantini is a head scratcher.  Maybe he is banged up and no one is saying anything, but to sit out both games this weekend if he is healthy is bothersome.  With the underperformance of a number of players on this team, you have to start wondering if Berry has lost control of the lockerroom.

He sits both this weekend 

21 plays one game in last 6

6 isn't even on a milk carton anymore 

4 needed a night off

Regarding the forward lineup, I'd go with this process, which is backwards but so what.  I start with a fourth line of Ness, Albrecht and Portz, because they drove the team in its second half run last year, and often were the team's best line down the stretch.  Their job is to change the game's momentum by getting it deep and causing havoc.  Next is a third line of Senden, Hain and Jamernik, with one objective, neutralize the opponent's top line. 

That only leaves six spots.  Your top centers are Schmaltz and McLaughlin, and your two difference-makers are Gaber and Blake.  That leaves only two spots for a group of Caulfield, Costantini, Kunz, James and Strinden.  From them I take James for sure.  This leaves several good players in suits, but for me it would be the best shot at winning.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jk said:

Regarding the forward lineup, I'd go with this process, which is backwards but so what.  I start with a fourth line of Ness, Albrecht and Portz, because they drove the team in its second half run last year, and often were the team's best line down the stretch.  Their job is to change the game's momentum by getting it deep and causing havoc.  Next is a third line of Senden, Hain and Jamernik, with one objective, neutralize the opponent's top line. 

That only leaves six spots.  Your top centers are Schmaltz and McLaughlin, and your two difference-makers are Gaber and Blake.  That leaves only two spots for a group of Caulfield, Costantini, Kunz, James and Strinden.  From them I take James for sure.  This leaves several good players in suits, but for me it would be the best shot at winning.

I like it

Wondering, if  the H/J/S shut down line is out there to match the other teams top line, how does one limit their minutes?

15 minutes ago, jk said:

You lost me at the 4th line.

2 drafted forwards in suits tonight.......as 10 goes to the box again.