SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

44 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Job posting open for one week? I suspect they've already got the guy. James Patrick and Brad Berry didn't overlap at all, did they?

17 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Job posting open for one week? I suspect they've already got the guy. James Patrick and Brad Berry didn't overlap at all, did they?

Next you'll be telling us if Hak was still here Tim O'Keefe would be on the short list. :D 

And yes, a week. Check your calendar. Classes start three weeks from ... now. 

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Next you'll be telling us if Hak was still here Tim O'Keefe would be on the short list. :D 

And yes, a week. Check your calendar. Classes start three weeks from ... now. 

Dangit, I hate the end of summer. Even though it means college hockey is getting closer, I still hate the end of summer. 

Now I've got to go outside and work, even though it's so hot. Ugh.

6 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Maybe a formality? I'd be surprised if he's not promoted into the position unless he's left the team.

On Schloss' podcast, he mentioned they are doing a real search, meaning they might be keeping an open mind for the best possible person.

2 hours ago, ChadR said:

Anyone know any of the applicants? I imagine Schloss will do the open records request.

Schloss was talking about this on his latest podcast.  I forgot what exactly he said, something about how it's more difficult to get the info on the applicants now or he is unable to...one of those.

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2023 at 6:50 PM, brianvf said:

Schloss was talking about this on his latest podcast.  I forgot what exactly he said, something about how it's more difficult to get the info on the applicants now or he is unable to...one of those.

I believe they changed the law that only finalists need be subject to FOIA. 

We'd have never learned of "chuck the pigskin!" guy. 

On 8/10/2023 at 10:06 PM, hky said:

Any guesses who might be in the running? 

It's terribly late for pulling in a guy from a USHL staff.

If they are looking for a defenseman and to make the next generational leap (Bubs/Dane -> Karl -> ... ) Matt Smaby would be a name to watch for. 

With the size of the group coming in (only Livanavage under 6') I'd think a large frame guy would be expected ... but I doubt it'll be Mike Commodore, but that would be something to see.