SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday night with Duluth-Spicer's Revenge???

Wilbur

I was coaching so I didn't see one second of the win last night.  One thing to take away from highlights is how good our power play can be at times.  Just deadly when everyone does their job.

11 games left.  Probably need at minimum 25 points for any real type of chance for home ice.

I'll say 4-3 UND tonight, and angry Ciskie tweets. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I was coaching so I didn't see one second of the win last night.  One thing to take away from highlights is how good our power play can be at times.  Just deadly when everyone does their job.

11 games left.  Probably need at minimum 25 points for any real type of chance for home ice.

I'll say 4-3 UND tonight, and angry Ciskie tweets. 

Anything to make Bruce unhappy. :) 

We need more noise in the Ralph.  Here is a crazy thought about keeping the atmosphere supporting the Sioux during the game and 
the noise level at a high level. Recruit two or more people in each section to get their section excited 
and focuses on noise and other types of support. That does not mean they have to always work to 
keep the people on their feet but when they notice a drop off off noise or support for the team, 
those people in their section challenges their section to some pre-determined section special Sioux 
cheer. Examples: “Come on section 208 - Lets show them we are the Sioux’s biggest fans - then 
chant - you may be FCS in football but we own you in hockey” or “ “Come on section 136 - Lets 
show them we are the Hawks biggest fans - then chant - ”Hey section 137 Go Hawks - pass it on -
and continue to out shout the sections” Well this is just a thought - but we need noise at the game.

43 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

We need more noise in the Ralph.  Here is a crazy thought about keeping the atmosphere supporting the Sioux during the game and 
the noise level at a high level. Recruit two or more people in each section to get their section excited 
and focuses on noise and other types of support. That does not mean they have to always work to 
keep the people on their feet but when they notice a drop off off noise or support for the team, 
those people in their section challenges their section to some pre-determined section special Sioux 
cheer. Examples: “Come on section 208 - Lets show them we are the Sioux’s biggest fans - then 
chant - you may be FCS in football but we own you in hockey” or “ “Come on section 136 - Lets 
show them we are the Hawks biggest fans - then chant - ”Hey section 137 Go Hawks - pass it on -
and continue to out shout the sections” Well this is just a thought - but we need noise at the game.

I have a better idea… how about the players generate the noise through brilliant defense, power offense with sweet passing and brick wall goaltending. The rest will take are of itself. Go Sioux!

22 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I have a better idea… how about the players generate the noise through brilliant defense, power offense with sweet passing and brick wall goaltending. The rest will take are of itself. Go Sioux!

That would work except the Ralph quiets the crowd almost instantly with advertisements. No ads would change the atmosphere in a positive way drastically. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, scpa0305 said:

They must already know he’s out 

That's the only thing I can think of too...he needs to get at least game here or there.  I'd make a rotation of Sidorski/Bast/Johnson at least.
Assuming both Kleven and Frisch leave after the season...Bast and Johnson would be getting big minutes.

Just now, brianvf said:

That's the only thing I can think of too...he needs to get at least game here or there.  I'd make a rotation of Sidorski/Bast/Johnson at least.
Assuming both Kleven and Frisch leave after the season...Bast and Johnson would be getting big minutes.

Sidorski is on the second pairing. He’s not going to be one they rotate out. If they rotate anyone it’ll be with the third pairing guys. 

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Sidorski is on the second pairing. He’s not going to be one they rotate out. If they rotate anyone it’ll be with the third pairing guys. 

I was just picking one of the 5th year guys that we know won't be back next season.
Sounds like Berry is gonna need to be looking on the portal for more D and maybe a goalie, at least.