SiouxSports.com Forum

Lindenwood @ UND - Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

16 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You go with the players who are producing.

And remember, the 1997 team was dominated by sophomores.

True, but not my point.   if I was right, that would actually add to Sic's credibility, IMO.

22 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You go with the players who are producing.

And remember, the 1997 team was dominated by sophomores.

Don’t forget, producing goes both ways.  If you score one goal but are responsible for two goals against, that isn’t getting you anywhere. In fact, we have scored enough this year, but giving up all of the odd man rushes has killed us. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Right now I miss Blais: If it was the choice between an upper classman and a youngin’ playing at the same performance level, he’d go young.

Last three game we got more out of 18 and 20 and 21 than most of the 4th and 5th year guys at forward. 

Seems to me, we beat Western by shutting down their top guns.  Would bet that the 4th and 5th year guys had a lot to do with that, but yeah, let’s go back to a wide open game and hope our goalies can pull out some wins for us.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

UND has a problem at defense … next year.

6 didn’t get in ahead of 4 and 24 and 4 and 24 each made multiple big defensive gaffs. That’s scary by itself. 

The other five? Three are out of eligibility. Another just had a four goal weekend. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

UND has a problem at defense … next year.

6 didn’t get in ahead of 4 and 24 and 4 and 24 each made multiple big defensive gaffs. That’s scary by itself. 

The other five? Three are out of eligibility. Another just had a four goal weekend. 

No doubt about it.  They have just missed at that position, seemingly, in the last few years.  I'm far from an expert, but they seem to value decent size and skating, and figure they can teach them to play defense.  But some of the guys are struggling with the latter part of the equation.  Thank goodness the portal has been there, because 2, 3 and 7 have all been pretty solid.

For next year, there are some good players lined up, but "young on D" is tough.  I'm guessing the portal will be part of the solution again. 

On 1/8/2023 at 8:01 AM, sioux rube said:

Take a chill pill bud. Of course 16 doesn’t do us any good right now but it’s a hell of a lot better than being in the 20’s where they had been for quite some time. If they can somehow win 3 of the next 4 then they are truly back in it 

The next three series are with conference foes, you really think this team can come out flat like they did against Lindenwood and still pull out a win? I am glad they won and got the sweep, but they were ugly wins.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

The next three series are with conference foes, you really think this team can come out flat like they did against Lindenwood and still pull out a win? I am glad they won and got the sweep, but they were ugly wins.

Ugly win is better than a pretty loss 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

The “We swept Lindenwood” parade yesterday was awesome though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

He seems to have been banged up for 4 years, really puts a question mark on the 5th year decision.

Reminds me of Nick Jones, transfer from Ohio State. Good faceoff guy and a dynamic player when he was healthy. He just wasn't healthy very much when he was here. I see he is still playing though, Manitoba Moose.

1 minute ago, siouxkid12 said:

You're missing the point. The point is that UND cannot come out and play like they did against Lindenwood and expect to win conference games.

Yes we all know this. And my point is a win is a win no matter how ugly it is