SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Great listen as always. Offensively line shuffle was surprising, but exciting. Get the guys in the position they feel their skills can be optimized. Two things I'll be watching are Borud and Anderson. Lots of Borud talk for the short time he's been on campus. Kelly did mention it, but what kind of jump can Anderson make this year? Wish they spent the same amount of time on the Defense as the Offense. 

My big takeaway defensively, was more the discussion about what went wrong last year. The simplifying mentality / new DC will really help. I've talked myself into the D-Line / CB positions being slightly above average. ILB / Safety being average. You can win with some positional groups being average. Only group I'm worried about is OLB. They were awful last year and I wouldn't be surprised if they were worse this year.

This team NEEDS a OLB and a RB from the portal in the bad way. 

I would put safety below average. I know the Fort injury was a big loss to that group and Buckner was new to the system but that position last year was just bad. Need someone with experience that can play right away especially if there are more injuries there. To many missed tackles and blown coverages from the other guys.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I would put safety below average. I know the Fort injury was a big loss to that group and Buckner was new to the system but that position last year was just bad. Need someone with experience that can play right away especially if there are more injuries there. To many missed tackles and blown coverages from the other guys.

I could agree with that. Last year the two biggest weaknesses were OLB / Safety play. The big difference heading into this year is I'm confident that the Safety play will be better than last year. What they would grade out to be I guess is a different discussion. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like no noon starts. Last 4 games all at 1pm.
Still earlier than I'd prefer but good compromise given the circumstances. Will be interesting to see if they adjust the hockey game times those weeks of the doubleheader or not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Still earlier than I'd prefer but good compromise given the circumstances. Will be interesting to see if they adjust the hockey game times those weeks of the doubleheader or not.

Agreed. Would still prefer later but at least those games aren’t at noon.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Will be interesting to see if they adjust the hockey game times those weeks of the doubleheader or not.

they will not...they want it to go from football, right to hockey...its gonna be a whirlwind couple of weeks running to the football games, then the hockey games...my liver and wallet are both gonna be crying:lol:

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2023 at 11:28 AM, jdub27 said:

I agree. 2 or 3 pm would be preferred, but happy they avoided noon starts altogether. 

On 4/27/2023 at 1:55 PM, 1972 said:

they will not...they want it to go from football, right to hockey...its gonna be a whirlwind couple of weeks running to the football games, then the hockey games...my liver and wallet are both gonna be crying:lol:

I hope to watch the football team win, including a big win vs ag college, and then celebrate with the masses by going somewhere other than the Vegas hockey palace. 

PLAYMAKERS OR RUMORS > ice puck Vegas heiress stranglehold arena 

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

2023 Season Preview.

Air raid usually leads to a lot of fun and wins during the regular season, but then ends with disappointment in the postseason. But if it means a fun season and beating NDSU … I’m all for it.