SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

On 9/3/2023 at 8:49 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’ll be okay. Sample size of 1 isn’t something to get too excited about. There’s a lot of football left. Hope everything goes well - I’m rooting for him (and the entire team) despite this ridiculous narrative you’re painting. Quoting posts from March ‘23 … ha ha! Glad I live rent free in your head.

Crappy takes, crappy fan, crappy attitude, we get it that you don’t want UND to succeed. You don’t want Z to do well based on your past posts. 

the idea that UND’s backfield is not going to be a weakness should be a good thing for UND fans. We don’t need Z to be an all conference RB , but I do expect him to nit hold back this offense. I think any RB can be a big time player with a top OL. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

12 minutes ago, shep said:

If I recall correctly, the UND football team scored 50 points and WON a football game a few days ago, yet the conversation here is that the team sucks because of things that happened 10 to 20 years ago.  

Also, if memory serves, the starting QB went 22-26 for 200 plus yards, but some are still calling for his head.

Haters gonna hate, but this is nuts.

Countdown to how I and many others support mediocrity in 3, 2, 1...

UND was number in offense yards this week.  Second string scored two TD's.  I remember wondering if we could get the second string in the game.

On 9/5/2023 at 9:10 PM, homer said:

We also had the MVFC offensive lineman of the week.  Pretty big accomplishment in a conference full of great OL. 

Should have had MVFC QB of the week also. Baker from SIU got it but Tommy had better numbers. Could have been the opponent to maybe who knows?

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

time for wes to take over for nate d...2 games zero catches.

passing game needs some life....kai or hakim instead of jack?

and of course......free jerry.

aint gonna win a lot of games against good teams playing inside a ten yard box.

There are some things they need to clean up still but… Tommy was 21-30 for 258 yards. 

18 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

There are some things they need to clean up still but… Tommy was 21-30 for 258 yards. 

can't throw the deep ball........that wes td was 3 seconds too late and about 10 yards underthrown.......he should have dropped into wes's hands on either A in Dakota in the end zone.

the bo deep one was about 5-8 yards underthrown....he had to slow down and "stop short" to avoid a push off and jump straight up to high point....which he did but that should've been a relatively easy td throw...but that just bo being bo

would love to see bo, wes, and kai with jerry next saturday with our nice mix of rb's and the o-line is doing well...

need chunk plays to play with the big boys.

"The offense was supposed to be the strength of the team with four-year starter Tommy Schuster at quarterback and an experienced offensive line. But Freund has turned it into an unpredictable unit that's throwing new formations at opponents each week, using a wide array of players and maximizing their strengths."

"The Fighting Hawks are averaging 46 points per game this season.

They've scored 13 touchdowns and punted three times. One of the three punts came with the third-string quarterback playing."

Commentary: Danny Freund is keeping everyone off balance - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

This offense is amazing.